Girlfriends wrecked bike

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 01:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Girlfriends wrecked bike

Yea glad to hear your girl is ok.

By the way i think i have found a site where you dont have to cut out the fairing to fit the frame sliders (so they say).

www.redracingparts.com/en/english.htm

Type in "crash sliders" and you should get some results.

check it out they say that you dont need to make alterations,and this is on the 03` to 05` models so if your interested it might be worth a try. Also its quite a good website for a lot of other stuff for your bike aswell.
Only one problem and thats that this company is based in Italy,Europe,so anything you buy might cost a lot for delivery. But at least you know that you can get them without making alterations to your bike (or do they mean you dont have to make alterations to the crash slider?).

Well anyway if nothing else at least its a good site to look at to give you ideas.

Old 09-04-2005, 01:31 AM

I did a bunch of research before we purchased the sliders. The only sliders that dont require modifications are a street kit. The replace the fairing bolts. All the feedback I heard on these sliders were negative. Apparently the street kit causes more damage then having nothing at all in most cases. I would highly recomend cutting the fairing and mounting a real set that will work. Its definetly worth it and its always a plus if your gonna sell the bike. Sliders we purchased were Shogun's.

Old 09-04-2005, 07:17 AM

Alot of people that i talked to said "why u cut your farings for?? man, u messed up a good set of fairings".....i rather have the real sliders than the no-cut sliders....it will be in the correct area and won't break off like most of the cheap sliders