Getting my CBR600rr tomorrow!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 04:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting my CBR600rr tomorrow!!

Hey guys, I'm knew to the forum and just wanted to get some info on things I should be doing when I get my CBR.
So here's the story, I'm buying this CBR from a dealership, but the bike has been sitting for about two years. The guy at the dealer told me it needs a fuel pump, its missing the radiator and the ignition coils, and of course probably a new battery. Reason why I'm getting it is because to me it seems like a pretty good deal, the bike is a 2007 with less than 10k for only $1800. The only thing that worries me is I buy it and the motor is blown or something, but I know if that is the case I can either replace the motor or part it out and make a profit. So some helpful advice would be greatly appreciated for this newbie!

Old 10-18-2013, 11:14 PM

wow for only 1.8k that doesnt seem bad at all. but if you're buying it from a dealership.. I dont really think they would wanna sell a bike that has a blown motor..? even if it does have a blown motor.. im sure you could probably find one for sale somewhere for cheap. Goodluck man!

Old 10-18-2013, 11:59 PM

Yea thats the same thing I thought too, but since it was from a dealer he gave me a story on how he couldn't go any lower so I still took it. Since the store is under new management, he told me that when he came in he didn't have enough info on the bike. I would think that since they are a dealer they would at least try and fix it, but the manager said it is too much work to put in, which I kinda understand. So he just told me that the guy that brought it in basically didnt have the money to fix it so they ended up staying with the bike. I told him that as long as the bike didnt have a blown motor I would be ok, but he said that he wasnt sure, but he didn't think that was the case. He said worse case senario it might have "low compression" but that it wasnt a big deal.

So now that I have the bike I see that it does need work, but nothing to major at least until I can get it running. It needs all the hoses, a battery, radiator and ignition coils, and of course fairings but im not worried about fairing right now. I will try and post some pics to see if you guys can give me some tips on fixing it up.

Old 10-19-2013, 12:03 AM

Shaned39 I thought the same thing too, its like to good to be true you know, and I understood when he told me about not having time to fix it up and stuff especially since they went through all the trouble of getting dealer liens basically to get the bike under the dealers name. And worst case scenario is if he did lie to me and the bike does have a blown motor, I still can find a motor and fix it up and still would be a good deal.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:28 PM

So I've had the bike for about a week, and I must say that it needs work but I have been ordering the needed pieces and I should have everything by next week. I would post pics up but I can't i guess because i'm still new to the site.