Front Lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 03:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Lights

I went to start up my bike and it wouldn't start. Then I noticed ... for the first time that my front light the right side one was on and the two antenna lights too.

I immediately thought .. damn .. my battery is drained, dead. I tried restarting the bike again and again a few times nothing.

Okay my dumb*ss, the kick stand was down.

Anyways, does the 07 CBR600RR's front lights, only the right side one comes on? How do you get the left side to come on?

Theres two light bulbs inside the left one that I notice and when you go into high beam mode the left bulb inside the left side light comes on.

How do you get both light to come on like the right side?

Old 08-17-2007, 03:16 PM
Default RE: Front Lights

I've gotten this several times... "Hey! You've got a light out!" and "Haha, it's brand new and both lights don't even work!". The correct answer is to sit on your bike, turn the key on (engine off), and do the following...

Say something along the lines of "Oh really? Hey, can you check up in the top of the light that's out? See anything? I think there's a fillament out up there and I want to be sure my wires connected" (This is a bunch of neat sounding words that actually mean nothing. You're just trying to get them to get up close and stare at that "dead" light of yours) When they get up close and are eye-ballin' the thing real good, punch the "Brights" button. [sm=crossbonesgif.gif]

If you're seeing an extra "bulb" inside the side that doesn't come on without the brights being on, it's probably not a real bulb, but rather a dummy place-holder.

On the 2007 CBR 600rr, only one light comes on during "normal" on time. The only way to get the second light to come on, is to turn on the brights. Effectively, they just chose to seperate the lights, normal and brights, from each other. People who do their own aftermarket wiring, HID lighting, that kinda thing, seem to usually go with the "dual lights always on" idea, but I kinda like it this way. That being said, I'm usually rockin' the brights during the day. Hope that helps!

Old 08-17-2007, 04:26 PM

most of hondas sportbikes are like that
i knoe the 600RRs 1000RRs and RC51s anyway

Old 08-18-2007, 03:08 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[/align]
[blockquote]
ORIGINAL: Kikn

How do you get both light to come on like the right side?
Flip the high beam switch.[/blockquote]