First Service??

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 03:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Service??

Hey guys, i just got back from the dealership i picked my bike up from...and they want me to do the first service through em for like 400 bucks....now thats alot of cash for chain adjustment and an oil change....but this guy says u gotta do fuel injection sync/ valve clearance and a whole bunch of other stuff i never knew...this seems just somthing so they can take my cash...so my question is he right or just tryin to sucker me here..thanks

Old 02-20-2007, 04:02 PM
Default RE: First Service??

You don't have to take it back to them. You can go to any service place to get your first service done. It will or should cost you around 200 to 250 bucks though.

I had the same issue, where i bought my bike was seminole power sports and they wanted over 300 for first service. I took it to orlando yamaha and those guys were great and did first service for me for under 250 bucks.

good luck brother

Old 02-20-2007, 04:10 PM

Just change the oil and adjust the clutch and throttle cable. that's all their going to do anyway (Most of the time). You might get lucky and they retorque all the nuts and bolts, but 90% of them dont. You can get pretty much exactly what their going to do for about $40 at your local Autozone. no lie.

Old 02-20-2007, 04:12 PM

You are 100 percent correct. I forgot to also mention, visit your local cycle gear and ask them what you will need. Also, like me the next bike i get I am putting it in the deal!

Old 02-20-2007, 04:18 PM

Its not just all, but that is a lot. Be careful where you take your bike though. If it isnt an authorized dealer who does the work, you warranty will be voided! I know it sounds like a crock, but it is true. My buddy's bike tranny was slipping and he took it in, and since he had a friend of ours (who owns a shop) so the work, and he wasnt an authorized service dept, they wouldnt warranty the bike! So be careful.

Old 02-20-2007, 04:27 PM

kk thanks guys...i aleady did some minor things..like the clutch/ throttle adjustment...bought filter/ 4 quarts of amsoil....all i rly need to do is adjust the chain..but im not sure on how to do it and i dont wanna mess nething up ya kno..

Old 02-20-2007, 04:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WTF? valve clearance check/adjustment and TB sync at break in?
bring them the honda manual...which shows the service intervals...and then complain to honda regional...cause they are full of crap.
first service should not cost that much whatsoever! not even over $100.
keep receipts and very good records of all the stuff you used for any of your maintenance...cause if you don't...and something happens, they may not honor the warranty.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:07 PM

do it yourself and save alotta money...

Old 02-20-2007, 05:27 PM

ORIGINAL: TMO600RR

kk thanks guys...i aleady did some minor things..like the clutch/ throttle adjustment...bought filter/ 4 quarts of amsoil....all i rly need to do is adjust the chain..but im not sure on how to do it and i dont wanna mess nething up ya kno..
3 quarts danial-san... don't bother with the 1/10th. the chain shouldn't need to be adjusted yet, but get a ruler, push up on the chain and mesure the smallest gap between the chain's top edge and the swing arm. if it's about an inch and a half, you good to go.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:26 PM

the manual said 3.2 so i just bought the fourth..to top it off...and ill try that ruler thing and check it out..thanks guys

Quick Reply: First Service??