First ride

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 09:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First ride

I picked up my 07 Friday and took it into the So Cal mountains on Sat.

Some first ride impressions...

I tweaked the suspension settings to slightly firmer - handles great. The "fall in" into a turn is well, perfect for me. Not too abrupt and once in, no tendency for the bike to want to stand up. Very little input required to carve the canyons Also, I have mostly ridden Pilot Powers, but Idig the Qualifiers so far.

I have never ridden an inline four that vibrated SO LITTLE! Pegs, seat and handlebars were like riding a Gold Wing. I have heard about the smoothness of Honda's tranny, and coming from a Yamaha and two Kawasaki's, the CBR makes them seem like I was shifting without oil in the engine. Very nice.

I certainly miss the low end torque of my 1200 Kawi, but not the 100+ pounds of weight. And although it does not have the low end pull of say a liter bike, it is a lot better than my 05 R6. The power band is more linear than most FI bikes I have ridden - nice even pull throughout.

Front brake is not too bad considering rubber lines and stock pads. My first mod will be braided lines and some EBC HH pads. Never used the rear so can not comment on that.

Oh yea - steering damper. If you don't have one, get one. I was cranked over in a left hander chasing my buddy on his motard. Blind corner as it wraps around the mountain. 1/2 way through the corner a semi is hauling *** in the opposite direction, with maybe his driverside wheels hanging over into my lane. As we passed, the blast of wind I got from him actually stood me up and caused a slight wobble, which kinda directed me toward the guard rail. The bike settled immediately and i was able to finish the turn. I do not think I could have saved it on a twitchy front end without a damper.

I like this bike.

Old 10-07-2007, 10:41 AM
Default RE: First ride

had my white 07 cbr 600rr since may. has over 5000 miles on it. it is by far the best bike i have ever owned..yet it is the most uncomforatble. and uses the most gasoline. other than that..the bike is a perfect bike and i cant see them getting much better than this

Old 10-24-2007, 12:00 AM

nice, havent had my bum grace the 07 yet but im working on it

Old 10-24-2007, 08:10 AM

have the suspension checked, they (mine included) have been coming very soft from the factory and needed the preload as well as the rebound stiffened up.

as far as brakes id stay away from the EBC. too many people who do motorcycle racing for a living have said stay away from them because they warp very easily. galfer HH, vesrah, HRC, look into these.

the whole blind corner, oncoming traffic thing is why i leave the hard riding to the track