electrical help

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 08:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrical help

so annoyed right now, so my 06 rr has not had working signals since i got it. it had no signals when i bought it, i added flush mounts which ended up not flashing right cuz of my relay... but who knows anyways because my fuse continuously pops so maybe it did work in the first place.

so heres what i have,
motrax flush mounts,
motrax rear blinkers,
NO license illuminator
stock brake light
motrax flash relay (which is hooked up right because it corrected front flash rate)

the TURN, BRAKE, HORN fuse keeps popping.. it stays good with the brake light being engaged, the horn being sounded, but as soon as i turn on a signal it pops after like two blinks, (oh yeah the rear lights dont even flash, just the front)

i have been searching all day and cant find a single thing that helps. i have a fix it ticket for indicators and brake light so if i cant figure it out i have to resourse to a shop. so guys, please help... i hate this

Old 09-20-2008, 10:23 PM
Default RE: electrical help

hey man ,
I have a 06 600rr and im having the same porblem, But i dont even have a rear running light. i havnt got the relay yet. did that change anything when you put it on and where do you put it???

Old 09-20-2008, 10:50 PM

you have to splice the gray wire and the white and green wire coming out of the cluster, cap the wires out of the cluster, and wire the relay into those two wires ^that i said.
the relay fixed my blink rate but i keep popping fuses so no good still

Old 09-21-2008, 12:54 AM
Banned

So if your brake lights and horn are ok, and your turn signals are the problem, then theres your problem. If you disconnect the horn and brakes and try the blinkers do you still have the problem? Do you have the service manual? THat will have the wiring diagram for you to look through also. Have you tried different lights? What happens if you take the relay out? Is it both left and right turn signals that cause the problem, or is it one side only? If you disconnect the lights one at a time, you may figure out where the problem lies. If you want to take this to the shop, it will cost alot of money. ALOT. Im in Canada ( EH) and shop rates are 100 bucks an hour. ( 95.52 US ). It will take more than 2 hrs ( probably) for the highschool kid whos working stoned to figure out wtf is going on...this sucks I know. I have a rear turn light that doesnt work, and it aint the bulb..so I have to do the same bs to figure out wtf is going on....

Never give up, Never surrender!!

Good luch, champ.

Old 09-21-2008, 01:22 AM

haha yeah i know its gonna suck. i have an online manual and have been studying the stupid diagrams and things trying to figure out what could be wrong with it. i dont understand whats going on and its pissing me off.

anyone know if merely having a brake light or signal or other light plugedin will cause a blown fuse? im stuck, and if i dont get this fixed before my ticket is up then im gonna be payin big bucks so if worst comes to worst im goin to a shop

Old 09-21-2008, 07:50 PM

bump?

Old 09-21-2008, 08:16 PM

If I am understanding you correctly, its ok when using the horn or your brake light. Check the flush mounts. When I got mine (hotbodies) the wires on one were crossed internally, so every time I put on the signal, it popped the fuse. Try some different signals if you can, because you might have a short. I also might consider checking the functionality of the relay, as it might be bad. I will fock with almost anything mechanical, but electrical stuff still makes me cringe.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:12 PM

^^ me too. i hate electrical... ok that sounds feasible.. maybe ill just switch my new rear blinkers for a test to see if they still pop a fuse..

here is a question about that tho, if ^that situation is the case, would the flush mounts still light up? cuz they work, the just dont flash right after the fuse pops.. they are just running lights

Old 09-21-2008, 09:20 PM

you've crossed your wires somewhere....in other words...when are you blowing fuse??? when you use the turn signal or when you hit the horn the fuse blows??whats happening to the turn signals after the fuse blows....do they still work??? It almost sounds like evrything is allbunched up on to one fuse...i.e. your wires are crossed. Honestly...I would disconnect all of it and put it back together slowly using your service manual as guidance...testing each component as you rewire it back up. Sometimes thats what it takes when your chasing electrical gremlins

Old 09-21-2008, 10:08 PM

i agree with red rip it all apart and while your putting it back together i would not only chack for functionality but if you have a volt meter ohm it out check resistance (ie. shorts). and amp draw durring use

Quick Reply: electrical help