Easy question

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 11:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Easy question

If any one would come across a manual on e-bay or something let me no. I never got a manual or a tool kit with my 04 600RR.

Old 11-05-2005, 02:38 PM
Retired Administrator

go to http://www.stephygee.com/ look at the bottom left and click on the 03-04 CBR600RR. That will give you the shop manual for it, you have to order the owners manual from Honda for $16.

Old 11-05-2005, 08:43 PM

I looked in the manual and did what it said to do but nothing happened . I think one or both of the buttons is broken.

Old 11-05-2005, 08:47 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do the buttons work to reset the trip odometers?

Old 11-05-2005, 09:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 04CBR600RR

If any one would come across a manual on e-bay or something let me no. I never got a manual or a tool kit with my 04 600RR.
I don't understand this. My tool kit is in the space on my bike that is made for it. I've used it once already to adjust my chain when I was out riding. My owners manual is under my seat just incase I need to referance it when I am out riding like I did when I adjusted my chain. Did you ask the seller where these items where when you bought the bike? How in the world could they be lost? How many owners did your bike have before you bought it?

Old 11-05-2005, 09:28 PM

2 owner of the bike he could not find them. Why he didn't leave them in the bike where they should be I don't no.

Old 11-05-2005, 11:31 PM
Retired Administrator

You should take the owner’s manual out... if you ride in all types of weather. The area under the seat is not water resistant at all. I take my tool kit out often and coat everything with WD40 to help keep the tools from rusting. My owner’s manual is here right beside my monitor.

Old 11-06-2005, 12:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the owner’s manual and my registration under my seat in a zip lock baggie so it will stay dry. It is a good suggestion about wiping down the tools with a light coat of oil. I will start to do that too.

Old 11-06-2005, 03:17 AM

ORIGINAL: FordFrenzy97

I looked in the manual and did what it said to do but nothing happened . I think one or both of the buttons is broken.
I'm too lazy to retype a thread I started on another forum, so I'll quote the thread here:

I'll start with a story of the series of events that led to me repairing my gauge cluster buttons...

After washing my bike, I was drying it with a towel and rubbed across the gauge cluster buttons and fond I pulled the rubber buttons out of the setting. Well I pushed them back in and discovered I broke the buttons; it looked like a piece was missing from the inner region where the button pushes down. No big deal, I can live without that...the clock was still adjusted right, except I couldn't set it any more so it was an hour off since "fall back."

I read a thread a long time ago that a few other people had that same thing happen and the dealer had to replace the whole gauge cluster, because of the faulty design. Well, I didn't want to have to do without my bike for such a lame reason, so I've been riding with it "broke" for over a year now.

Today I decided to take a closer look at my button dilemma and I found a white plastic piece lying inside the button holes. I reached in with hemostats, tried piercing it with a pin and I couldn't grab it no matter how hard I tried. Being as persistent as I am I decided to feel under the cluster and felt screws..."that must mean it comes apart," I thought "unless it's glued together." So there I am removing the front fairing, unplugging the wiring harness and removing the cluster from the mount. Well I'll be damned if that bitch doesn't come apart and I placed the plastic piece back where it belongs and I now have a bona fide, fully functional gauge cluster!!!

I only share this discovery in hopes that it will help someone else with a button dilemma...
Only bad news was I had to fix it again because the plastic piece fell off again, so I used crazy glue the last time...it's been good ever since!

Old 11-06-2005, 11:12 AM
Retired Administrator

damn, fretless, I didn't know you were a surgeon... I mean, why else would you have hemostats....

Quick Reply: Easy question