Distortion

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 09:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Distortion

Just curious since i am new to the biker relm. I just put my version of a fender eliminator on..it looks great but now that the fender is gone the heat shelid sticks out.. I was wondering after seein pics on here of others biks with aftermarket exhaust if i even need to keep that on there or can i take it off and still not distort my plastic or my brake light. Later i plan on putting a MH2 pipe on and i dont want to ruin any plastic or my light by takin the shield off

any info is greatly appreciated.

Old 03-13-2006, 11:21 PM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: Distortion

I ran my bike for about three months with all heat shields removed. BUT!!!! That was mostly commute riding to and from work/school. I only did a couple long rides because it was too cold out. I only considered carbon fiber wrapped exhaust so they would run cooler and I would have to worry about it. If you're set on buy the M2h.... here's a hint, you'll love it.

Old 03-13-2006, 11:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After installing my Micron exhaust I used a Sharpie marker to out line the over hanging portion of the rear heat shield then I used metal shears to cut out the unwanted part. After cutting I used a file to smooth out the rough edges. It didn't have to be an exact perfect job since the plastic tail covered everything up but it ended up looking real good.

Old 03-14-2006, 02:54 PM

I think ill go ahead and take off the sheild off or see if i can trim it down. Do you think the carbon fiber look m2h will look better than the aluminum shine M2h pipe on an orange bike?