Dirty Valves

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 01:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got off work this morning from the night shift, had to ride home in the rain and got bored. I decided to check out the progress of the SeaFoam. I has been 165 miles and refilled this morning with more SeaFoam. I think there is a difference from the first picture but not as much as I would like to see. I decided I will do the vacuum line treatment. So I removed the lower air box to trace the lines. I figure the best one is the Map sensor line. It is the 5th line off the 4 lines that feed the TB. Here is a look at the valves after 1 tank of gas treatment.

Now here is how I got to the vacuum line. I will start out away from the bike and work my way in. I just don't like pictures where you're left asking yourself...Okay what is this picture looking at???

Started off here by removing the Mid air box

On the right side attached to the underside of the lower air box is the map sensor. Plug and vacuum line.

Here is where I zoom in at.

Vacuum line plugged into map sensor

Here is the line unplugged.

I will more than likely inject SeaFoam with a turkey injector through this line following the SeaFoam SOP.

I am not a motorcycle mechanic just a DIY person and I'm kind of shooting from the hip that this is the line I am looking for. It just makes sense to me that this line works. It's a vacuum line and it feeds the 5 way splitter that routs to all 4 TB.

Have to take a nap before I do this...too tired. Hopefully I will have pictures of the after treatment valves later or tomorrow.