Did I make a HUGE mistanke?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 07:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did I make a HUGE mistanke?

Hey guys, as most probably know, I wrecked my bike. Well Im not sure if I said it or not yet, but I sold it, for 4g'z. I already miss the hell out of it!!! Even though I cant ride right now I still want a bike.

I now owe 2 grand on the bike, that I no longer have =[ not too bad I guess but still.

For some reason I have the urge to get a graffiti one, even though I am down quite a bit of money A.T.M. But my local stealer (power house honda) still has a rather large selection of 07's Maybe I should see what they are going for, OR wait a few months and then try and get a steal on one.

Coming from a 07' I dont know If i can get myself to buy a 06' or below. Any opinions guys?

Thanks for listening to me vent.

Old 04-25-2008, 08:10 AM
Default RE: Did I make a HUGE mistanke?

Oh yea, I know I can no where near out ride the 600 yet, but some of those 1000rr are straight sexy too!!!

The same dealer still has a few 07' Repsols left.

I think I got a bad case of the I wants...

Old 04-25-2008, 08:34 AM

You can buys mine . What are you going to do with your leftover??? Pay it off before you get a new one? Cause I dont think they can rollover the neg. equity without having the bike, unless you go to a credit union or something and just get a cash loan.

Old 04-25-2008, 08:39 AM

Well here is the scoop. I bought it, and was getting raped in the booty in APR.

So my parents (love you mom, love you dad lol) made me a little deal, where they payed it off for me, and I pay them the $. So basically 0 APR. So I owed 6 grand. Sold my bike for 4. Now I owe 2.

I will wait till I pay it all off, but Im just lonely with out it right now. And just contemplating what to do when it is payed off.

I should be all payed of in no more than 2 months. I actually could pay all off right now (i was saving for mods for my bike) but mom told me she didnt wantr me to basically deplete all the $ i saved

Old 04-25-2008, 08:45 AM

Oh, I see, so your really arent bad off then. You could go to the bank and see what they will offer you in interest rates, usually they are lower, and you could get a little extra to pay some to your parents and then pay some out of what you save, if you were really lonely. What state you in?

Old 04-25-2008, 08:49 AM

im in AZ right now.

but home is Cali, i go like once a month back home

Old 04-25-2008, 10:33 AM

I'd say go for it, just don't break the bank. Buy something used and pay if off quickly until you can afford to get a new one. I know how you feel, even though it's a different situation than mine. I sold my bike in the middle of the season last year because I couldn't afford it, and everytime I saw a bike my heart just dropped to the floor. I promised myself I would never do something stupid like that again. I'd rather suffer a little bit with cash and have my toys. Thankfully I won't have to go through the same situation because I'm picking up my "new" 06 next week

Old 04-25-2008, 11:57 AM

id say deffinitely go on craigslist or something and buy it used...

i dont know if they have craigslist where you are.(prettty sure they do in at least AZ) but here in cali theres deals all the time... currently some guy in stockton is selling a black and silver with mods like fe and undertail, leds and windscreen for 7500... and thats no taxes of stealership incentive. and a (very tempting) white/silver 08 for the same price! i want so bad but need to resist

Old 04-25-2008, 12:22 PM

I will just say this D...

I think if you're financially stable enough to go with the '07.. then Go for it(Or at least check out what kind of interest rates you're looking at this time around). They are amazing bikes and sooo hard to part with. But also factor in the cost of insurance with Gap coverage when you're looking at your finances. You wouldn't want to end up in the same situation as before.

And if you don't want to have full coverage on the bike....wait a little while and save up the 2 - 3k, just incase you go down again.

Keep us posted fellow Blue Family member

Old 04-25-2008, 10:33 PM

Craigslist is the way to go, I got my bike w/ two brothers, full HID, rear seat cowl, integrated taillights and turn signals,and new tires and more,, with 5,800 miles for $4,900 that was a pretty good deall