Debaffle exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 01:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Debaffle exhaust

In the end..youre better off getting a new can..after its all said and done if its louder u want...so not really worth the rocket science mumbo jumbo...

Old 04-03-2007, 08:31 PM

ORIGINAL: knightslugger

My god you're an *** hole... Mechanically retarded too. do you have the SLIGHTEST IDEA of how to cut something open? Do you know how to make something empty? you're going to need a way to close it back up... I SUGGEST A WELDER *GASP!* if you can't handle that, PERHAPS you should just stop and leave it well enough alone...
You know normally I am not an *******. But, your utter disreguard for explaining what knowledge you have to those who may not have this knowledge bewilders me. I find it funny that when I originally posted in the new members section everyone was ranting and raving about how awesome this site is. Yet, so far I have found nothing but someone giving me a hard time becuase I choose to ask a simple uncomplicated question. I also find it funny that after joining 600rr forum I posted up this identical question and got a complete explanation on what to do and how to go about it. Funny how something you felt was so hard to explain was easily explained by another person. Maybe you are just not gifted in the way of COMMUNICATION!!! Or maybe your just someone who sits online and pretends to know what your talking about all the while not having a ****ing clue what you are talking about. I personally join forums to learn from those who have many more years expirience then I. However you have proved yourself to be both useless and a waste of time an bandwidth.

Samurai

Old 04-03-2007, 09:10 PM

ORIGINAL: samurai87

ORIGINAL: knightslugger

My god you're an *** hole... Mechanically retarded too. do you have the SLIGHTEST IDEA of how to cut something open? Do you know how to make something empty? you're going to need a way to close it back up... I SUGGEST A WELDER *GASP!* if you can't handle that, PERHAPS you should just stop and leave it well enough alone...
You know normally I am not an *******. But, your utter disreguard for explaining what knowledge you have to those who may not have this knowledge bewilders me. I find it funny that when I originally posted in the new members section everyone was ranting and raving about how awesome this site is. Yet, so far I have found nothing but someone giving me a hard time becuase I choose to ask a simple uncomplicated question. I also find it funny that after joining 600rr forum I posted up this identical question and got a complete explanation on what to do and how to go about it. Funny how something you felt was so hard to explain was easily explained by another person. Maybe you are just not gifted in the way of COMMUNICATION!!! Or maybe your just someone who sits online and pretends to know what your talking about all the while not having a ****ing clue what you are talking about. I personally join forums to learn from those who have many more years expirience then I. However you have proved yourself to be both useless and a waste of time an bandwidth.

Samurai
oh really?

http://600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t...ghlight=baffle

Isn't that yours? doesn't look like you've gotten ANY explanations thus far... How's the Hip? did you get that front wheel off the ground yet, or are you still struggling?

I'm normally an *** hole. you can expect me to give you an answer, just the way it is. that's how i roll. For someone who wants to stunt and fix his own **** when it breaks, you sure as hell don't strike me as a very mechanically apt person, which is why i suggest you put down the Dremel and wait for that S/O exhaust you want. You'll want to keep the stock can just the way it is so when you go to sell it or trade in on a bike that can easily get your front tire at the 12 hour you'll have some extra bux laying around in aftermarket accessories that do in fact sell quite well on forums... if they're even worth a pinch of **** when you're done with that bike. you want to *** up your bike, fine. You de baffle the stock exhaust just like you de debaffle the 1000RR like you saw here. you remove the tail section, remove the clamps down by the mid pipe, then remove the bolt that secures the exhaust to the subframe. it might take some work to get the pipe off, twisting helps. there's a gasket in there, try not to *** that up too much. you'll need it or you'll need a new one or some high temp silicone sealer when you put it back together. now that you've got the pipe in your hands, it's time to go to town taking that top shell off. cut around the seams carefully. you don't want to do a slop *** job at this because when your done removing the baffleing, you'll need to weld it all back together just like it came from factory. i suggest welding at the top so it's not visible to prying eyes. reassemble the pipe to the mid pipe, make sure that it seals (might take a day to cure correctly) put the tail back on, and say goodbye to about $800 worth of exhaust, cuz that's how much it costs to get a new stocker. instead of making money, you lost it... for what? sound? performance? ha, you sure as hell wont get any performance out of doing this... sound? tinny and raspy. JUST what every sport bike rider wants, right? pfft... debaffle on brotha', debaffle on...

Cliff notes:

Remove tail and exhaust
cut open the silencer
remove everything inside
weld it back together
reinstall
sounds like crap
no performance gain
loss of resale
possibly non DOT con

Old 04-03-2007, 10:35 PM