Clear Alternatives taillight, Brake, electrical question....

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 02:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clear Alternatives taillight, Brake, electrical question....

OK, so, i got the CA integrated taillight from CBRheaven. (Side note 1, their customer service sucks, and they're impossible to get a hold of). I hooked up my integrated taillight using a 12V electrical tester and it worked fine. Amber running light, red brake light, and amber/red flashing turn signals. Looked nice.

THEN, i hooked up some LED flushmount front turn signals (hooked up both the running light and turn signals and the running light, and the green arrows stayed lit on the instrument gauge, this is not the problem)

Once I put everything back together, the brake light does not work and i spent the better part of a week trying to get ahold of CBR heaven. Got ahold of them once at closing time and they told me i messed up a fuse or something, but my tester says the brake wire is lit when the brake levers are pulled/pressed. So then I did a search (for something unrelated) on here today, and came across two or three other people that had the same problem when hard wiring the front turn/running lights. So I tried disconnecting JUST the running lights from the front LED signals. Now the front LED's only light when the turn signals go. The REAR light STILL has no brake light, but has a red running light, and the rear turn signals... So i switched the color of the running light, but still no brake light.

Anyone have an idea how to fix this? I was going to keep trying CBRheaven, but... well, as stated before they suck at customer service.

Extra information, 1)the rear integrated light acts the same when the front signals are TOTALLY disconnected or the signals are connected w/o running light.
2) I also installed a flasher relay to slow the LED rate.

Old 01-25-2009, 03:21 PM
Default RE: Clear Alternatives taillight, Brake, electrical question....

did you cut splice wires to plug in the tail/brake light? mine is plug and play for the tail/brake light then two wires that come out for the turn signals that you have to wire up your self, (because you have to put resistors in.) and when you say you have amber running lights, is that in the rear? it is supposed to be red only for running light, the amber is only for turn signals.

Old 01-25-2009, 07:19 PM

The turn signals were two yellow wires in the rear needing to be attached. Then there was a crappy black plug that didn't fit right, but it was working anyways. I originally wired up the rear and had AMBER running light, RED brake light, and turn signals alternating between the two. When I DID get ahold of CBR heaven, they said that black connector was junk and i should hard wire it. I now have red running light though.... but still no brake light. If i hook up the LED FRONT turn signals as running lights, then the rear light becomes entirely amber as a running light.

Old 01-25-2009, 07:31 PM
Retired Super Moderator

you should not have an amber running light. I believe that is actually just the turn signals staying on all the time, until the signal is interrupted by the signal switch. Not sure what year RR you have, but on my 03 i HAD to use the resistors for the integrated tail. I didn't for my 07.

Old 01-25-2009, 07:47 PM

I have an 07. But my running light is red now. and i have a new relay, skipped the resistors... and i fixed it. their wiring diagram was all messed up. So they labeled the brake and running lights backwards. Fixed it... thanks for the help anyways. Sometimes ya just need to say things to someone to figure it out yourself. lol

Old 01-27-2009, 02:02 AM

Glad to see you figured it out. I got the CA intergrated lights as well and th plug was a big POS. I also had to cut and hard wire everything. Did you get the green arrows to come off of your dash. I know my friend had the same problem and we figured out how to fix it.