CBR 07

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 02:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CBR 07

Ok well my name is Rick and im new to the bike world my uncle had 2 gsxr's and a ninja but he told me the CBR's were good bikes to ,anyways i just wanted to know if the 600 is a good bike , i mean like is it quick enough or well i get board fast i should have it in the next 2 weeks im looking at a red with black theme and at another thats all black thanx guys

Old 07-20-2007, 09:09 AM
Default RE: CBR 07

How's it goin? I have a 98 GSX-R 750with a full exhaust and power commander, and recently I bought a white/black 07 CBR 600RR. The CBR is the best bike I have ever riden. It is well balanced and the power is there. My friend rides bikes and we lined up my two bikes and my CBR 600RR took the GSX-R 750. I haven't taken the cbr to the track yet but i got it up to 170 on a local highway and it had more to go. If you are new to biking, please get the 07 cbr600rr. It is best in class this year, very light, easy to handle, and does have the power. But don't get red and black. Haha, I'm sick of seeing those colors. Check out the blue and silver or the white and black/silver. Good Luck!

Old 07-20-2007, 09:12 AM

I never got bored with mine. The 600rr is an awesome bike, many will say too powerful for new riders. I say, too powerful for riders prone to making poor driving decisions.

You don't say what you want to do with it or what experience you have, but assuming its your first bike, be very careful.

Take the MSF class and take it slow once you get it - even a "small" 600 bike will bite you
if you don't rider carefully.

Old 07-20-2007, 03:41 PM

cool any more opinions

Old 07-20-2007, 06:18 PM

Welcome

Old 07-20-2007, 09:47 PM

Learn how to ride, then get the bike. These are not safe bikes for beginners. I don't care how careful you think you are, or how much "respect" you think you have.

Go get a Ninja 250 used for $3K, learn for 6 months, and sell if for $3K. Let it take the drops and scrapes.

No money lost, lots of experience gained. Then get your 600, as you will know more about what you like and don't like, and have a great time.

Old 07-21-2007, 08:24 PM

i never understood that mentality of buying a new bike as a first bike. how many of us bought a brand new car as our first. the common case is to buy some thing used but decent, learn and then upgrade.
my point is; that if you will fall ,you will feel a hundred times worse if the machine was new. not to jinx you but everyone falls; its just matter of how hard.
good luck

Old 07-22-2007, 01:19 AM

I bought my first street bike as a brand new 01 CBR 600 and when i first got on it i couldn't believe how quick it was. But as long as you're careful and dont act a fool within a month you're really comfortable with it. I think a brand new 600 is a perfect bike to start with. Just make sure you get frame sliders cuz you will drop it.

I dropped mine twice, neither of which were my fault and at low low speeds but it still went over and i scratched up my fairings. The first time my g/f rear ended me when i was stopped to pull out of a parking lot. The second some a-hole slammed on his brakes in the middle of an intersection and i slid on the morning dew and reared up the bike and it tipped.

Basically though if you just want to ride and not looking to doing tricks i don't see any problem with a new bike. If you wanna do tricks then save ur money and just get something used.

Good luck.

Old 07-22-2007, 03:12 AM

thanx guys lol