Catch a GSXR 750 ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 06:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Catch a GSXR 750 ??

stay2ned Your buddy dont know how to ride that 750 then.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:05 AM

Yeah, tmyers I agree. I love all bikes, if your riding a harley or a new ktm urban assault doesn't matter. The same wind is hittin me in the face which is what it's all about right. My friend's been riding for about 3 years, and true he's no where near as aggressive as me. He asked me what gear I dropped to and I said 1st, obviously 50 mph. He didn't tell me what gear. To me a wins a win ya know. I've got a few buddys that want to take a week or two trip around the US which will be awesome and suck at the same time but if we come thru your way we'll have to meet up. I feel the same with the gearing, I do highway stand-ups and i'm getting used to the gearing so it won't change, plus it's my daily and the slow stuff is so much more technical and I would have to gear down. Ride safe guys.

Old 07-02-2008, 04:51 PM

ride safe?

Old 07-02-2008, 04:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Stay2ned

Yeah, tmyers I agree. I love all bikes, if your riding a harley or a new ktm urban assault doesn't matter. The same wind is hittin me in the face which is what it's all about right. My friend's been riding for about 3 years, and true he's no where near as aggressive as me. He asked me what gear I dropped to and I said 1st, obviously 50 mph. He didn't tell me what gear. To me a wins a win ya know. I've got a few buddys that want to take a week or two trip around the US which will be awesome and suck at the same time but if we come thru your way we'll have to meet up. I feel the same with the gearing, I do highway stand-ups and i'm getting used to the gearing so it won't change, plus it's my daily and the slow stuff is so much more technical and I would have to gear down. Ride safe guys.
If you guys roll through MN there is a couple nice roads here. Just post up on here when you will be here.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:25 AM

ORIGINAL: Stay2ned

To me a wins a win ya know. I've got a few buddys that want to take a week or two trip around the US which will be awesome and suck at the same time but if we come thru your way we'll have to meet up.
Ya i know...second place is the first loser lol... Definitely look me up if you hit nashville...i could show you some killer roads east of here, tennessee has lots of places to ride that are worth the trip. Ill have my 600rr done by then i hope...just dont shun me if i have to take the gsxr...lol

Old 07-03-2008, 07:44 AM

Okay skitz, good reply. Let me rephrase, ride as smart as possible. Better? Whenever I do stand-ups it's with no traffic and the ONLY person I can get in trouble or hurt is myself since I know the consiquences. And when I race which was only the once against my buddys 750, up unitll last night with my friends 02' gsxr 600 (honda ftw) it's with no one around or at the track. And yeah if I can actually get my friends to commit to a long run like that, i'll def put a post up a month or so in advance to set up a few meets and runs along the way. So how far off topic did this thread get? Haha. Anyway would everyone agree that the moral of the story is a smaller bike can beat a bigger bike by riding better? In a safe, professional enviroment of course.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:14 PM

yes, i agree with the bottom statement.

sorry if i post jack @ss stuff, im tired of this topic and sadly its the only one with new messages!!! [:@]but seriously, keep the wheelies on the dl.. glad you wait till its an empty road, but it doesnt change the fact that they are stupid and dangerous.. thats the only thing you seem like you dont understand.

but to each his own. have fun and, yes, ride safe

Old 07-04-2008, 10:31 AM

well, i noticed you called him "lil". i know my bike came alive when i went from 260lbs to 190lbs. your weight does make a huge difference. before, i was able to catch up and pass the liter bikes once we hit the turns, but now i can take off a little faster, and they dont leave me quite as bad before we hit the corners. it also makes it much easier to accelerate past them in the corners.