Catch a GSXR 750 ??

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 12:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Catch a GSXR 750 ??

ORIGINAL: KoolTrix

Oim not looking for speed or anything fast.. just a bike.. but I want to be able to catch his lil *** lol.. so I dont have to hear his mouth.

or should I just be a man and get a 1000cc as a starter bike [insane..]
This, this is the worst idea I've ever heard. ( say in voice of guy from office space. )

No, really. It is.

Old 06-30-2008, 02:00 PM

Okay Trix, back to the origional question....although the guys are right about learning to ride. You could have apiece of **** quad turbo Hayabusa w/ 20,000 HP and won't catch a lil screaming 250 if you don't know how to ride. Don't push yourself any further than your comfortable with. THIS is what will make you a squid. As far as what a 600 needs to keep with a 750. Look at my SIG. Full exhaust (a slip would probly be fine) and a PCIII. Two weeks ago, I beat my friends 07 GSXR750 from a 50-roll. So he couldnt blame anything on a bad launch. I've been riding my whole life and feel comfortable doing what I do. We went to almost 150 and he never was within a bike of me. And as far as which is better...CBR or GSXR, seriously? CBR ALLLLLL day! My friend bought an 08 gsxr 600 and i've ridden it a few times, it sucks. Throttle response is junk, it's heavy as anything (considering the 08' CBR1000RR is a LB lighter than it!), and doesn't have any power till the top. Case closed, HONDA FTW!!!!!

Old 06-30-2008, 03:44 PM

staytuned....where you at....id LOVE to line up with an 08 600rr against my 02 telefonica with stock gearing and see what happens.... Odds are your boy with the 750 either weighs 300lbs or was in the wrong gear... somethings up with that story. and ALL of these post will still come down to personal preferance....but if you want a 600 to really beat a big bore bike...boost it! lol

Old 06-30-2008, 03:50 PM

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNN NNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

i dont know about anyone else, but i really have never had any competition with any gixxer. on the street is ridiculous cuz if they roll up to me at a stop light, its over before it began. 750 or not, any 6 (f4i, 600rr) i have riden just takes the cake. im biased, but i would never, EVER ride a gixxer over a honda.

ok ok, maybe i would stunt a gixxer on the track. but thats about it. only cuz i can trash it

Old 06-30-2008, 04:00 PM

Ok then the people who are riding these gixxer 750's you guys are smoking cant race... I like both of mine...i think ive said enough.i enjoy the diversity of both bikes.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:40 PM

ORIGINAL: TheX

ORIGINAL: Adionik

He has a gsxr...there is nothing worst in this world to ride. (I HATE gsxr riders)
Not true, there are worse things in the world, like closed minded riders. I know some extremely talented racers, and most are on gixxers that would own you for the rest of your riding life.
That's fine, but that doesn't change the fact that most of them are toolbag flip flop wearing, wife beater morons.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: TheX

He has a gsxr...there is nothing worst in this world to ride. (I HATE gsxr riders)
Not true, there are worse things in the world, like closed minded riders. I know some extremely talented racers, and most are on gixxers that would own you for the rest of your riding life.
That's fine, but that doesn't change the fact that most of them are toolbag flip flop wearing, wife beater morons.

those ride CBRs too and harleys, and yamahas, and and and and and and and...

Old 07-01-2008, 07:45 AM

"tmyers", i'm about 30 minutes north of philly. ANYTIME your wanna bring out your "telophocrap" gsxr to run my RR, fine with me. My friend weighs the same as me, the point I was making is you can beat a bigger bike by riding better. I'm sure you do love your gsxr's and that's fine. I wasn't hating I was just saying I've been riding red since I was 3 and for good reason. My friends new gsxr is already having problems, my HONDA starts everytime, just like my quad, my dirtbike, and how my first quad did for the 14 years I owned it. Those are the points I was making.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:46 AM

np man...thats a little far for just a race. And based on that post it kinda supports my "it all depends on your personal preference" comment. Ive had 3 GSXR's and 2 Honda 600's and my personal experience has been the opposite of yours...the hondas have needed the work. Dont take that the wrong way...hondas are awesome...thats why i have one too. Just MY personal experience. If you ever find yourself my way lets ride...I dont care what anyone rides, as long as they ride. i wasnt saying you were hating...but youre not the only one saying they are blowing away 750's, so its just odd to me to hear. i too have been racing a long time and i agree that you can beat a 750 with a 600 by riding better. That being said its more rider than bike in most cases. i guess we just need to agree to disagree on the gsxr thing... it all comes down to gearing, horsepower, power to weight ratios of rider and machine. not necessarily 600rr vs gsxr. I can say the telefonica rarely loses against 600's, and even a few bigger bore bikes. usually gearing is my downfall, i like stock gearing for wheelies.

Old 07-01-2008, 05:04 PM

750 has +30 more HP atleast then a 600 of any kinda, it doesn't weigh that much more, equal riders it will win.

to the roll on guy, what gear your in is EVERY thing, to many variables to be taken seriously.

The two guys i ride with most have a gsx-r 600 and a gsx-r 750, the 600 has nos, a slip on, and power command and the 750 has a slip on, and i have a slip on.

the guy on the 600 is usually out in front when we haul *** but that is because he has nos and and more *****.

when we lap neighborhoods he is also faster by a little but that is again, due to ***** and skill, nos doesnt help in twisties, and extra CCs don't help that much either.

a 600 if ridden properly is fast, if you want to fly on the straits and wheelie at the push of a button, then put nos on it, warning, it does blow motors.

Quick Reply: Catch a GSXR 750 ??