Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 12:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cant Get It Up...

its a bad thread anyways. doomed to be locked here soon

Old 07-03-2008, 01:04 AM

Not bad advice at all. Stock gearing I rev mine up to 12 or 13 I'm sure. I don't look at it though, I hear it.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:27 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

F**k it i am chiming in. I am not gonna sit here and quote everyone so use your imagination.

Sic J is correct, clutching is quick, you should not pull the clutch half way in, thats waaay to much, just enough to disengage it. If you are going along at say 7krpm's and slip the clutch there is no way its revving to 12k +, if you are your doing it wrong.

Clutching wheelies is not nearly as hard on your clutch as you think, i have checked mine regularly. In fact i learned on this bike so i beat it badly trying to learn how and clutch held up just dandy.

Camaro i would bet you lunch you arent revving nearly as high as you think you are

Big sprockets will not help you wheelie better, in fact they make it a lot harder.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:20 AM

I prefer to do my "lil" wheelies in 2nd gear as opposed to first. Ill pop it up in first but usually sit it right back down because its so dame twitchy. But I recently started clutching in second and it comes up like butter. What I do is go about 45 mph. For some reason, I cant do sitdowns while in second so I stagger. After going about 45 and positioning my body, I give a lil gas, and smoothly let out the clutch. Then most importantly, I let of the gas, SLOW back down to 45, and repeat and repeat and repeat. They barely come up but Im working on it little by little. I was told to dont rush into it and try to bring it up from the same speed over and over and over again and give it just a tad bit more gas each time and it seems to work.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:56 AM

Tk, I do think I'm doing it wrong. I pull the clutch in way more than I know I should. I've done both, but it's just habit I guess. I've been trying to change my ways, cuz I've noticed it is smoother when slipping it

Old 07-03-2008, 02:57 AM

ORIGINAL: camaro_forums

ORIGINAL: crashkhanman

Leave the public display of dumba$$ to the suzuki and yammi riders.

Try at lower speeds and little by little in a parking lot with your gear and the bike's protection. Good luck and keep the shiny side up. I've been on my '07 now for close to a year(which is no time)but I still don't have the courage to even try wheelies in a parking lots..[:-]...lol
Not even a little snap in 1st? I mean it's sooo easy!
The closes I've come to a wheelie...has been accidently snapping it in 1st when I thought I was in 2nd and brought the front off the ground Maybe 6 inches....lol I know i'm a pansy [&o]... If I wasn't lazy, I would throw my stock exhaust back on and take her out to the parking lot while she's stripped down and give it a try.

Not to thread jack buuut... with a +3 rear sprocket.. would I be able to do aLOW speed(10 - 20mph)wheelie around an open parking lot in 1st and/or 2nd???

Old 07-03-2008, 03:01 AM

ORIGINAL: camaro_forums

Leave the public display of dumba$$ to the suzuki and yammi riders.

Try at lower speeds and little by little in a parking lot with your gear and the bike's protection. Good luck and keep the shiny side up. I've been on my '07 now for close to a year(which is no time)but I still don't have the courage to even try wheelies in a parking lots..[:-]...lol
Not even a little snap in 1st? I mean it's sooo easy!
The closes I've come to a wheelie...has been accidently snapping it in 1st when I thought I was in 2nd and brought the front off the ground Maybe 6 inches....lol I know i'm a pansy [&o]... If I wasn't lazy, I would throw my stock exhaust back on and take her out to the parking lot while she's stripped down and give it a try.

Not to thread jack buuut... with a +3 rear sprocket.. would I be able to do aLOW speed(10 - 20mph)wheelie around an open parking lot in 1st and/or 2nd???
Sure man, with stock sprockets at 20-25 you can do wheelies VERY easy. Probably lower, I just like doing them around that speed.It's touchy though, really sensitive to throttle input. I looked down after riding a 1st gear wheelie out and saw 60 mph on the speedo, so I mean they're not impossible to ride out, just touchy.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:33 AM

Crash!!! Man, I cant belive it, never tryed to do a wheelie??? Im almost dissapointed.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:49 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Crash you can do low speed stuff on stock gearing if you want to. Your bike will easily snap up to bp from a dead stop on stock sprockets.