and bring your bike here ill install em for free aha

Old 11-02-2010 | 09:30 AM
|

Originally Posted by __Z__
motovation or woodcraft

and bring your bike here ill install em for free aha
Hmmm..... sold. Next step. Planning road trip. haha

Old 11-02-2010 | 10:50 AM

I let the dealership install my frame sliders. The holes came out jaggedy and they messed up the paint lol. I'm surprised the new bikes don't have holes in the fairings for the frame sliders.

Old 11-02-2010 | 11:12 AM
|

Oh wow that's not good did they fix it for you at least?

Lets hope Z has a more steady hand!! There is a local shop that does quality work around here at a pretty fair price, i'm going to see what he'd charge. Cutting my fairings is not something I would ever dream of trying.

Old 11-02-2010 | 01:16 PM

I dont see the appeal of no cuts. Nothing personal against you nate, I can understand if you just dont want to cut the holes in your fairings themselves for fear of messing them up or something, im just saying in general. Im specifically talking about people that dont want them cuz they dont want the hole in their fairings at all and think that it ruins the bike or the fairings. Its not like its having a hole in the side of your car thats going to ruin its value. I bought some brand new oem fairings off someone and wish they had the holes already cut in them. I dont think there are very many people that are going to be turned away from a bike or a set of fairings they want because they have frame sliders or a hole for them.

Old 11-02-2010 | 10:22 PM

Well I gotta disagree with the consensus here. I've got a friend that has no cut frame sliders on his R1. One night at a local bike gathering he jumped on his R1 to leave and thought he'd show off with a little rolling burnout. Well lets just say that he got a little overzealous in a too small parking lot and with his rear tire aproaching triple digits and him physically going about ~35 mph he high sided and got pitched off his bike.

Those no cuts held up really good. Yeah they were just slightly bent, and the plastic slider was smashed pretty good but his bike only came away with a little rash above the headlight on the edge (just about his right clip-on) and his side fairings had some scratches that buffed right out at my house the next day. Overall I was impressed with how well they did their job. Sure he had to replace the plastic puck but that would be true with cut sliders also.

Buddy on the other hand came away with a seperated shoulder and the smarts to not show-off in too small of parking lots!! LOL

Old 11-02-2010 | 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by ID_CBRRider
Well I gotta disagree with the consensus here. I've got a friend that has no cut frame sliders on his R1. One night at a local bike gathering he jumped on his R1 to leave and thought he'd show off with a little rolling burnout. Well lets just say that he got a little overzealous in a too small parking lot and with his rear tire aproaching triple digits and him physically going about ~35 mph he high sided and got pitched off his bike.

Those no cuts held up really good. Yeah they were just slightly bent, and the plastic slider was smashed pretty good but his bike only came away with a little rash above the headlight on the edge (just about his right clip-on) and his side fairings had some scratches that buffed right out at my house the next day. Overall I was impressed with how well they did their job. Sure he had to replace the plastic puck but that would be true with cut sliders also.

Buddy on the other hand came away with a seperated shoulder and the smarts to not show-off in too small of parking lots!! LOL
But see they bent and there was no real speed involved. That was basically like knocking the bike over on its side, maybe with a lil more force since the rear wheel was doin triple digits.

but then again sliders arent designed to protect the fairings, but the frame

Old 11-03-2010 | 07:50 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

only bike with no cuts ide trust would be motovations no cuts for the 04-07 1krr's

and here is why

http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore...?idproduct=184

Old 11-03-2010 | 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
But see they bent and there was no real speed involved. That was basically like knocking the bike over on its side, maybe with a lil more force since the rear wheel was doin triple digits.

but then again sliders arent designed to protect the fairings, but the frame
Not to sound like a dick, but are you saying that if he'd have had cut sliders they wouldn't have been demolished?? 35-40 MPH hitting the ground is a hell of a lot more significant than just falling over, his bike slid probabably close to ten feet on the pavement and those no cuts did their job by protecting the frame and still did a helluva protecting the fairings even though they aren't designed to. And when I say they bent I mean they only bent in about an 1/8" from where they were originally.

Not trying to start a flame war over something as trivial as sliders but I just think that nocuts got a bad rap from a few people who bought shytty ones then crashed and bitched and moaned cause the frame sliders were demolished when they should be. I mean what else are they designed to do?? To try and help minimize the possible damage to the frame of your bike, by taking the impact and smashing down. I mean the best "crash cage" in the world can only do so much for protecting the frame when some squid loops his bike on the freeway doing 90 mph.

Old 11-03-2010 | 10:27 PM
|

Well I see both sides, that something is better than nothing. But 30-35 isn't exactly the typical speed of a fall.