Best cover for your bike outdoors?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 08:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best cover for your bike outdoors?

I was wondering which cover to use for my bike..I unfortunately don't have a garage to store my bike in, and the morning after a rain or cold night my bike tends to have water on my seats and gas tank..I think its from condensation but I'm worried that'll cause rusting..can anyone help me please! also if this keeps up will it rust? thanks

Old 09-28-2007, 11:40 AM
Default RE: Best cover for your bike outdoors?

lol thanks! the only reason I wouldn't get a Honda cover is that'll attract people to my bike..I have a generic one on it now but thanks for your input lol

Old 09-29-2007, 01:43 AM

i have a regular cover i got for about $60 in 2004. works prety well, i left it outside next to the house for 1.5 years while i was overseas, and came back w/ it looking pretty good. it's waterproof has a couple holes that are open but covered i think to help w/ condensation, w/ a strap to help lock or secure it, which i'm pretty sure is useless.

one thing good about keeping it under the covers, esp when i lived in an apt, peope don't know what's under it and imo less likely to jack it.

Old 09-29-2007, 10:43 AM

yeah dont get a really nice looking cover, the crappier the cover looks the less likely someone will think a nice shiny bike is under there. Its just an out of sight out of mind type thing for the thieves, theyll just move on to the next one without a cover that theyre sure is a nice bike.

But if I was sure it wouldnt get stolen, f3racers cover... nice

Old 09-29-2007, 11:48 PM

ORIGINAL: team honda

I was wondering which cover to use for my bike..I unfortunately don't have a garage to store my bike in, and the morning after a rain or cold night my bike tends to have water on my seats and gas tank..I think its from condensation but I'm worried that'll cause rusting..can anyone help me please! also if this keeps up will it rust? thanks
The best cover is the Guardian Weatherall Plus by Dowco. I have it and so does a friend of mine (for his TL-R). It's normally $90 in stores but you can get it from motorcycle superstore for $60. It's worth every penny, subitle and discreet, and it has an option to purchase the alarm for it and slip it in. Check it out and good luck.

FYI- You'll need a size M

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...lus-Cover.aspx

E

Old 09-30-2007, 12:56 AM

does anybody have any input about team honda's concern about rusting? i also park my bike outside and have been worried about that. what are the chances of rusting? what can be done to prevent it? and if you get it, is it easy to remove?

so far my bike (having parked it outside since i got it in 2004) doesn't have rust, except for one part that looks like it's starting to have a slight bit.