Attention 2007 rr owners got a question... Kinda

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 04:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attention 2007 rr owners got a question... Kinda

Whats up all.... Riding season is almost upon us here in Ohio... I own an 07 rr with about 1000 miles on it.. serviced on time break-in period observed. 600 mile service performed by stealership on time.... And have run into a problem already... Over the winter i did not store my bike, cause i knew i would get at least a few rides on nice days... well i rode one day mid winter and filled the tank and parked it as normal.. went out about 2 weeks later to start it up and it would not start?? battery good, full tank small amount of stabil added... it cranked but just would not fire... called local stealership tech said it sounded like i foweled my plugs???? Which i could not understand how that could happen.. but he was the tech not me... so i bought new plugs at $23 a piece... Installed them today... and tried to fire it up.. Same damn thing turns but no fire....man was i dissapointed... Still under factory warranty + extended warranty i took back to the stealership i bought it from and the guy said he had not incountered such a problem with an 07 yet.. but did mention that he thought that 07 might have been the last year they had a problem with the fuel pump/system.. so here i sit waiting on a call to find out if the problem is covered under one of my warranties or if i should get the ez-lube out and take it in the *** at 70 per hour... i quess after all this im curious have any of you 07 owner run into anything similar?? I hope i got the info accross without sounding confusing or ignorant... Gotta wait 2 weeks or so before i here from the stealership cause thats how far they are backed up.. Any input is appreciated... Especially if anyone has encountered such a problem... ride safe all and enjoy the time on the road.. Keep ya posted....

Old 03-15-2008, 06:07 PM
Default RE: Attention 2007 rr owners got a question... Kinda

i have the same problem same year . fuel system is not comming up when key is turned on . right now its in the shop. this happened suddenly.. i will know more by tuesday the prognoses.

Old 03-15-2008, 06:11 PM

please do = and my .002 i dont think its related but I think the fuel stablizer might be a bad call -

Old 03-15-2008, 08:04 PM

hey guys.. i have an 07..and i decided to park it in the garage while i took all the shells off..and i decided not to change the gas or anything else yet..no service done on it..nothing..got 4500 miles on it..fired it up several times in the past 3 weeks..never once have i had a problem..just finally changed the oil as well..cant say i would know what that problem is..sux that it happened to your bikes...stealership...thats a hoot..good call on that name..i hope i dont get the 07 jinx..good luck to the resolution that you can find for the problems..

Old 03-15-2008, 08:43 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know it sounds utterly ridiculous.............but have you checked your engine kill switch? The engine will crank and crank and crank like it's trying to start, but never fire with the kill switch off. I damn near shat my pants when I forgot about this after working on my electrical system and couldn't figure it out why it wasn't starting.

So I would check that (because everything you just described sounds like it could be that your engine kill switch is set to off instead of run.)

Old 03-15-2008, 09:21 PM

yes checked that too and f. i. fuses..as well .Itturns over but you cannot hear that fuel pump com on. also power comander has no power. f i light comes on in dash.. will not start. but i did notice the night before after taking off on green light it hesitated for a quick sec. thought that was kinda strange but just let it go. the next day it would not start..

Old 03-16-2008, 12:59 AM

yeah I got a brand new '07 in october and decided to do absolutely nothing in terms of winter storage. I live in NJ where a typical winter would be below freezing temps and no riding. After a lot of research I made the call to not waste time and effort in doing anything other than hooking the battery up to a trickle charger every month for a few hours. That's it. I don't buy into the fuel going bad hype. Certainly not the flat spotting tires hype either. Bike fired up no prob this week when I took it out for a spin. Sorry to hear about your prob and I guess for posting this pointless reply too lol

Old 03-16-2008, 01:29 AM

manowar - south jersey by any chance?

Old 03-16-2008, 12:10 PM

Yea.. i checked to make sure the switch was on....

Old 03-16-2008, 03:47 PM

just got an 07 a month ago it has 1 mile on it .. i will let you all know if i notice anything.

good to have a heads up.

Quick Reply: Attention 2007 rr owners got a question... Kinda