Attention 2007 rr owners got a question... Kinda

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 07:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Attention 2007 rr owners got a question... Kinda

live in michigan and had my bike up. even on the cold days...-15 degrees....my bike fired right up. i havnt had one problem with my 07 rr and i have 7500 miles on it and its an 07.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:49 PM

I have an 07. I did not winterize it, but I did keep the tank full and kept the battery on a tender. The bike is also on stands. It fires right up.

Old 03-19-2008, 12:37 AM

ORIGINAL: Kryptonion

Whats up all.... Riding season is almost upon us here in Ohio...
What part of Ohio you riding in Kryptonion

Old 03-19-2008, 08:17 AM

Along with what Foxy said about the engine cut-off switch being on, when you were attempting to start, did you have the bike in first with the kickstand down? I know it sounds crazy, but I've caught myself doing both of these things and thinking what the heck is wrong. I would imagine that these two things are no uncommon after the crappy months of the winter and just being excited to get back out on the road. Atleast thats what I tried to tell myself and feeling like a complete Tard.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:15 AM

I didn't let mine sit for more than maybe a couple of weeks (thanks to being out of town and having a "winter bike), but I've got an 07 with over 10.7K miles on it and I've not had a single issue with it that wasn't my fault. (like pinching the fuel tank pressure relief hose[:@])

Old 03-19-2008, 11:03 AM

I have an 03 and mine just did the same thing but it turned out I had to charge my battery, once it was charged for a couple hours it fired right up.

Old 03-19-2008, 12:15 PM

Fitz im in the dayton area..... As for kickstand and first. kickstand was down and believe it was in neutral but regardles clutch was engaged.. cant be somthin that simple cause its been at the stealership since saturday and havnt heard a word back yet... I'm really tryin not to call and bug them but i just gotta know whats wrong so i think i'll giv them another day of peace and qiet then i'll call... and i really hope it wasnt somthing as simple as some suggested... cause i'd feel pretty f--kin stupid after i bought $120 dollars worth of plugs and spent 40 minutes replacing them. bad enuff the old ones were just fine... Like i said she only has 1000 miles.... I'm really hoping this is a warranty issue.. but since no other 07 owners seem to of had this issue yet.. i'll have my checkbook handy.. doubt i got the only defective 07 rr sold.. Ahhhh F--k-it i'm callin now..... Well **** they havent even looked at it yet.. said maybe tommarow.. keep ya posted.

Ride safe

Old 03-19-2008, 06:11 PM

i have an 07 im in ny and mine fired up like a champ. stabli, battery tender and oil change b4 storage...sorry to hear ur troubles....good luck

Old 03-31-2008, 07:02 AM

Whats up all... got a little bit of an update.. At last posting my RR hadnt been looked at yet. I waited till friday and gave them a call. The counter guy said they were pretty sure it was a fuel pump problem but they had a few more things to check, and that he would know more monday. OK. Well i had been thinkin abou gettin a new helmet for a couple weeks now so i figured this weekend was a good time. I also wanted to drop off my fairings i had removed when i did the plug swap.. Lookin at the helmets and drooling over the graffiti 08. Walked to the back showroom area next to the service area. Noticed my RR parked among some others. Witha few people standing around havin a look.. Then out of the blue dude sits on my baby... Shocked i was.. So i kindly asked the service man why dude was sittin on my bike.. he apologised and said that they were tight on space and that they try to keep an eye out for customers sittin on them. And he would move it to the back. I can understand that.. But damn man. Questioned him about the fuel pump.. Said they are waitin to here from honda, and that hes was lookin around to see if anyone else had the same issues.. So i wait.. Keep ya posted

Old 03-31-2008, 10:51 AM

Dude I dont think it should matter wether or not anyone else has had the same problems. You bought a brand new bike and the fuel pump went out therefore they should replace your fuel pump. What would that be saying for honda in general "yes we sell bikes that are only reliable for 50 miles." As for the *** hats sitting on your bike I would have went midevil on their asses and stuck a crowbar up there ***!

Quick Reply: Attention 2007 rr owners got a question... Kinda