Another Ebay scam

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 11:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Ebay scam

Their info
Ebay ID:crayzeekitten
Email: crayzeekitten@yahoo.com

Found a 2005 cbr600rr with 193 miles selling for $2500. Their location on ebay was min. away from me so i thought this was just one hell of a deal. The bike and never been down, clean title, garage kept and came with a HJC hemet. So I emailed them last night asking some questions and to set up a date and time to come look at it. Then later on i forgot to ask them something and emailed them again. I got 2 emails from them this morning saying : My wife was recently promoted so we had to move in London,UK. We brought the bike with us, wanting to register it here, but I couldn't because in order to get it registered here it will need serious engine modifications to comply with the EU emission standards. The bike is bought from US and is made for US market. So that is why I preffer to sell it quick now and get rid of it while I still can, because time is running and I can't keep it like that, there is a deadline term when I must pay the import tax, so I can't afford to lose time and I prefer to make some money while I still can.

But that wont be a problem because will be shipped from here withLufthansa Air Cargo and it will take 4-5 days to arrive to your address.

The shipping is free for you.The price of my bike is 2,500.00 usd.
From the beginig you have to know that for the payment I request ONLY secure pay,I prefer the payment will be done through Square Trade. I have to let you know that I want the payment prior shipping since I will shipp it in the same day or next day the payment is complete.Also you have nothing to worry about because this deal will be done ONLY VIA SECURE WAY .The most important thing in all my activity here is that I am affiliated at eBay Square Trade, I have a a purchase protection account for US$10000 and i a ssume you know what this means.In case we will close this deal,you are protected by Square Trade. How you are protected by Square Trade?, well ,in case you will not receive the bike as i described to you, Square Trade will refund you with 100% from the whole amount which you paid to me. But this won't be the case.One conclusion, you are protected. Let me know if you want to buy it, so we can close the deal asap with square protection for your money. If you decide to go further let me know asap and When i have all the information provided by you(full name,ebay ID and shipping address), i will gonna contact Square Trade and they will gonna handle the financial transaction for me.

Old 08-19-2005, 11:58 AM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: Another Ebay scam

This sounds like someone just trying to get a scapegoat to go along with scamming Square Trade.

Old 08-19-2005, 12:41 PM

Whats a scrapegoat?

Old 08-19-2005, 12:56 PM
Retired Administrator

Scapegoat.... not scRapegoat. Someone to take the fall, take the blame. It sounds like they are telling you they will go through the motions of selling the bike, but never have the intentions of selling it. That way you can report it to Square Trade and have them reimburse you for your $2500. Kind of like having someone steal your car so you can claim insurance on it and pay them some of the money for their trouble. Only in this case, you both presumably walk away with $2500. It's all fraud, and very illegal, and you have to assume that you can get the protection plan from Square Trade.

Old 08-19-2005, 02:42 PM

Let me tell everyone here I have been on Ebay for years and years, and the one thing I know for a fact is that on a big purchase like that first off it is too good to be true than it is, the second thing is that if you want to see if the deal is legit then email the person and tell the only way you will pay is through www.escrow.com ( that is ebays prefered service ) and if they say no and make any excuses just ignor their email. THey are scamming you and trying to get you to send money via western union. You have no way of securing your purchase. They try to tell you if you put it in someone elses name they cant get the money but that bull, So please dont fall for any of that $h!t. And it doesnt matter how high their ebay rating is

Old 08-19-2005, 10:08 PM

I did see that on Ebay! The same thing happened to my friend who wanted the V-Rod Harley from West Viginia.

Old 09-02-2005, 10:18 PM

i actually had someone send me a counterfiet check for 12k. of course, being smart, i put it in the bank and waited on it. they told me to hurry up and ship it, but im no fool. this was right about the time this whole scam thing was happening, so i hadnt heard of it yet. now, i get like 5 emails a week from these idiots trying to buy or sell something. they are always promising money or a cheap deal. you can tell when you read it that is is a scam. the grammar is worse than a kintergardener. i dont deal with ANYTHING overseas now!

Old 09-03-2005, 03:55 PM

I have done tons of transactions on Ebay and I haven't had any problems. I have heard stories though. Unfortunatly it is like anything that people buy or sell. There will always be people out there that want to try and screw other people out of there money.