Aftermarket fan upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 06:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket fan upgrade?

Looks like the puller fan on my '03 CBR600RR just crapped out. Anybody know of an upgrade, or should I just stick to an OEM replacement? I live in Vegas so cooling is a big concern of mine. Thanks!

Old 09-03-2006, 05:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aftermarket fan upgrade?

Welcome, Cool subject !!!!!!!! If cooling w/ the stocker was adaquite...OEM, is the easy fix. If you like to tinker... Take the fan and shroud down to a salvage place and see what fits, thats larger, and still fitts w/in instalation (bike) confines

Couple other ideas for cooling efficency... Lower temp sensor for"turn on point" . Take sensor to napa and match up thread size and pitch, and go fo your choice of lower "on" point. I think some honda car sensors fit. Water wetter type products work. I found it at w-mart, cheaper brand, for 6$ a qt. I think 30% ratio. Be sure and "burp" your entire cooling system, to ensure no air pockets. There are more exspensive products out ther including some street rodder developed stuff, catch one, and ask him.

Also, I wouldn't hesitate to set up a manuel switch on the fan... to get it's benifit, before the gauge pegs. Also you might check out the posts about rectifires, as they are heat sensitive, and there are maintance issues, to ensure longevity and performance. Keepcool !! Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 09-05-2006, 07:43 AM

Hey rippin that was some grat advice i think that i am going to do some of that stuff to my bike. I read something about engine ice befor i think i am going to us that but the manual swicth for the fan that is freaking awsome. I hate when my bikes gets hot in trafic, i jsut got some exhaust wrap. so i hope that the helps out too.. thanks

Old 09-05-2006, 02:40 PM

How about just switching to Distilled water and a lubricant such as Watter Wetter, or Engine Ice? Much easier to accomplish than enginiering a larger fan and will net you better results. Straight water does a much better job of transfering heat than manufactured coolants. you'll notice you run cooler immediately.

You'll be disapointed with the exhaust wrap. Looks cool, but doesn't do anything productive to the bike at all. if anything, it will make the headers fatigue faster by heating them up faster and retaining that heat. also, if you EVER get the wrap wet, your pipes will rust and rust and rust. Heat + Water = extreeme oxidation.