After Market Fairings vs OEM Fairings?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 12:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had relly good luck with cbrfairings.com... try and send them an email?

Old 06-29-2011, 12:09 PM

Yall do understand that cbrfairings.com gets their fairings from china?????? Youre paying for the middle man! If you dont believe me post up a pic of the box and shipping paperwork. I promise it matches mine that i ordered directly from china....Mine fits good and looks better. I had no issues with fitment and have ordered over 10 things from china and hong kong.....

But if your mind is set on buying from cbrfairings.com then feel free to pay them the extra money you will be paying for their "middle man" services. The china/hong kong sellers have the same customer service except their english is slightly off....I know from experiences and that of others....

Hell they even threw in a free double bubble black windscreen, tank belt protector, and a tail cowl....does cbrfairings.com do that?!?!?

Last edited by txsmainevent; 06-29-2011 at 12:12 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:28 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It all depends on what type your getting.
cbrfairings says they on there website that they get them from china... but there are 2 types injection molded and press mold where as the injection molded are the ones yu want press molded are what most china companies sell.
Ya its a hit or miss with the ebay fairings from china, there are some that are great for cheaper but there are others that are horrible fitment and colour match.
With all the chinese companies I don know which are good and which are bad (I had one before say the only way I can get my money back is if gave them a 5star good review, which I ate the cost to try to help out the next customer).
Personally I will pay the extra (since its probably going to be insurance money) and go with the known brand. (Auctmarts or cbrfairings)

Old 06-29-2011, 08:37 PM

MotoFansClub makes good quality injection molded fairings. I had a set for my '06 600RR and they were nice. Fitment was good. Got a customized set of fairings, solo cowl, tank pad, and shorty levers for under $500.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:12 AM

do you happen to have the name of the ebay store you bought from? from what i understand alot of the china places states that they are injection molded and made from abs plastic but in fact they are pvc or some other crappy plastic that melts and warps easily.Places like nicecylce and actmart actually make their own product (so they say). I have the feeling that, like the other guy said, they all come from China anyhow. But unless you have access to forums like this with peolpe who have experienced their product there is no way to know. so you def recomend the ebay fairings? this crap is driving me nuts. is wish i coould just sand it and have it painted. Actually i wonder if that would work?

Old 07-04-2011, 08:50 PM

I used to have a 2003 600RR. Originally yellow but previous owner layed it down and bought those made in China Movistar fairings off ebay. Trust me Just go ahead and buy OEM. Those fairings off ebay maybe cheap (around $500). But they wont fit man. I remember a lot of it had to be forced to fit.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:50 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DevilInDisguise
I used to have a 2003 600RR. Originally yellow but previous owner layed it down and bought those made in China Movistar fairings off ebay. Trust me Just go ahead and buy OEM. Those fairings off ebay maybe cheap (around $500). But they wont fit man. I remember a lot of it had to be forced to fit.
Well 99% of people that ordered off auctmarts or cbrfairings havent had major fitment issues, maybe a larger drill on the odd hole.
I will be getting new fairings soon and I am willing to pay the extra $50 or so to have a reputable brand that stands behind there product and know they wont be the press molded pvc that populate more then half of ebay fairings.

The choice is yours but I personally dont have $2,300 to spend on brand new OEM fairings.