2009 Cbr 600RR ecu swap or Power Commander?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Cbr 600RR ecu swap or Power Commander?

this is more theoretical than anything, as I really don't need the extra HP at this stage in the game. I know the 2008 Cbr had more hp and i saw that people switch out the ecu in the 09, but if you have a power commander can't you just match and beat the 08 with the stock 09 ecu, or would a tuned 08 ecu be better than a tuned 09 ecu.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:02 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Really the only way to get the HP back is to put a 07-08 ecu back in it or add one of these BAZZAZ O340 Z-BOMB ZBOMB CBR600RR 09-11. Adding a PC is not going to increase the HP or at least by that much. I've actually seen dynos where a PC lowers HP but what is does is make the powerband smoother and more useable.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by R Dub
Really the only way to get the HP back is to put a 07-08 ecu back in it or add one of these BAZZAZ O340 Z-BOMB ZBOMB CBR600RR 09-11. Adding a PC is not going to increase the HP or at least by that much. I've actually seen dynos where a PC lowers HP but what is does is make the powerband smoother and more useable.
alright thanks. I know this has probably been asked before, but while we are at it. what exactly does the power commander + auto tune do? What would you suggest doing first ecu swap or PC first?

Old 04-04-2012, 10:10 PM
October 2011 ROTM

By auto tune do you mean the pre mapped downloads you can get from their website? I would get the ecu first because you would just have to retune the PC with the new ecu. I must ask what kind of riding you do. If you just ride street then spending the money on a new ecu is pretty pointless. The reason I say this is because these bikes are crazy fast as is and while the 07 & 08's have more HP the difference is very small and will not be noticeable. Also you can't use these bikes to their full potential on the street, legally anyway. If you ride track then it might get you a tenth of a second a lap. I know everyone has their own opinion but I think your money could be spent more wisely.

Last edited by R Dub; 04-04-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:31 PM

Run the stock ECU with a PC. The auto tune does just what it says. You set the A/F ratio in the PC to what you want & the PC will adjust while riding to get you at that set ratio. It takes reading from the O2 sensor (comes with the kit) & compares it to what is in the PC . The auto tune is only available in the PC5 & must be turned on in the PC or it will do nothing at all. You want to load a map that is pretty close to the setup you have so the tuning will be close. Once you have it installed & have ridden it for a bit you can go into the PC & accept the new readings into the current map.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by R Dub
By auto tune do you mean the pre mapped downloads you can get from their website? I would get the ecu first because you would just have to retune the PC with the new ecu. I must ask what kind of riding you do. If you just ride street then spending the money on a new ecu is pretty pointless. The reason I say this is because these bikes are crazy fast as is and while the 07 & 08's have more HP the difference is very small and will not be noticeable. Also you can't use these bikes to their full potential on the street, legally anyway. If you ride track then it might get you a tenth of a second a lap. I know everyone has their own opinion but I think your money could be spent more wisely.
Yeah this really isn't something I need now. Like I said in the title I was more just curious.