2009 600rr theft-resistant?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 600rr theft-resistant?

Hi,

I'm thinking about purchasing a 2009 600rr. Bikes get stolen from my campus often. Is this bike particularly difficult to hotwire?

Thanks

Old 03-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thieves don't need to hotwire the bike right on the spot. All they need is a van and a couple of guys. I've seen videos where they pull up in a full sized van, two guys jump out and lift the bike into the van. Unless you can bolt you bike down to something, it will be tuff to keep her if a lot of bikes get stolen.

Old 03-10-2009, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by cwmc29
Thieves don't need to hotwire the bike right on the spot. All they need is a van and a couple of guys. I've seen videos where they pull up in a full sized van, two guys jump out and lift the bike into the van. Unless you can bolt you bike down to something, it will be tuff to keep her if a lot of bikes get stolen.
I'm aware that people can roll a bike into a van, thank you for your input. Again my question is specifically about hot wiring.

Edit: I'll give you the explaination you need. I've looked at videos from the parking garage of people stealing bikes and it is ALWAYS done via hot wiring

Last edited by specked; 03-10-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:43 PM

Im sure most thefts are from loading or should i say throughing into a truck/van, i could be wrong though? As far as the 09's im sure there a hell of a lot harder to hot wire than say an F4i? i lock front steering, put my Xena disc lock on back disc, this way you have to lift off ground or drag away, plus i have full cov on my new 07RR, didnt on my 02F4i though.
May get an alarm as well?

Old 03-10-2009, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by CBR Time
Im sure most thefts are from loading or should i say throughing into a truck/van, i could be wrong though? As far as the 09's im sure there a hell of a lot harder to hot wire than say an F4i? i lock front steering, put my Xena disc lock on back disc, this way you have to lift off ground or drag away, plus i have full cov on my new 07RR, didnt on my 02F4i though.
May get an alarm as well?
I hadn't thought about locking the read disc instead of the front. Good idea.

Anyone have any opinions on lowjack for the bike?

Old 03-10-2009, 01:49 PM

ya i see alot of guys putting it on the front disc? i still have a "reminder" bungee lol.
Lowjack, ive def heard of it, not sure how many guys have it? maybe if i had say a Duct 1098S? but really do you want your bike back if its stolen? hmmm

Old 03-10-2009, 01:52 PM

ya i see alot of guys putting it on the front disc? i still have a "reminder" bungee lol.
Lowjack, ive def heard of it, not sure how many guys have it? maybe if i had say a Duct 1098S? but really do you want your bike back if its stolen? hmmm
No, but I want the people caught right away so I've got someone to sue.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:00 PM

LOL true

Old 03-10-2009, 02:03 PM

ive often wondered what i would do if late at night you hear noises and look outside only to discover some punk trying to jack your ride! 1st instict would of course be to run outside maybe w a baseball bat but a better choice might be call police and wait/watch till they arrive? lol

Old 03-10-2009, 02:08 PM

ive often wondered what i would do if late at night you hear noises and look outside only to discover some punk trying to jack your ride! 1st instict would of course be to run outside maybe w a baseball bat but a better choice might be call police and wait/watch till they arrive? lol
Some years back when I had 2 room mates some people broke into our backyard to steal our bycicles. My other 2 roomates heard this (i was asleep the whole time) and ran out to chase them. One room mate is Japanese (was only in the states for a few years), naked, and running down the street after them with a sword. It was totally worth getting my bike stolen.

(the dudes threw it into a waiting truck and took off)

Quick Reply: 2009 600rr theft-resistant?