Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 06:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2003 HP???

99 @ the wheel? Mine was 100.x when it was 100% stock. Also a 2003

Old 10-24-2006, 12:18 AM

Thats the whole point that I'm trying to get to you, but your not grasping the concept. Stock I was 99rwhp, and with the add ons and power commander I was 99rwhp. The big difference was not in the top end as you can see. But the big difference is in the middle of the curve. Read what I wrote again about how my power band is more beefed up more than yours, and you will see that it doesn't matter if you have 105 to the rear and I have 99. I wil still be faster than you, because at every RPM I'm kicking 5 to 10 more horses than you. Your peak maybe higher, but thats at about 14,000rpms to redline where you start seeing your top end. People just don't have any concept of speed. You think big top end and nothing more. The power commander may not give you a huge top end, but it will give you power where you need it most, in the middle, and it will smooth out your A:F ratio, making for a smooth and responsive ride. I think if you want big power, put in a custom cam, full exhaust, and nitrous, and custom tune it right with the powercommander. Or with all that money spent, you could probably trade up to a 1000CBRrr, and be done with it. Yeah as a newbie, I thought the same thing, put this on the bike and that thing, and watch my top end go to 115rwhp. NOT. But I don't blame you, my thinking was one dimensional too. Then I let experience be my teacher, and I found out for myself.

Old 10-24-2006, 12:53 AM

for you 03 guys how many miles when you dynoed them? that can make the biggest differance. a well broken in eng. will produce more hp and often has better curves

Old 10-24-2006, 10:47 AM

You dont have to get anything to me dude.. I know exactly what your saying .. I was just surprised because 99 seems low. Im more then aware of usable power and how it works. Although I know a good custom map should smooth the mid-range, A/F AND add a few HP throughout the curve. Do you have a pic of your graph?? Id be interested in seeing it.

ORIGINAL: HondaCBR600RRhunk

Thats the whole point that I'm trying to get to you, but your not grasping the concept. Stock I was 99rwhp, and with the add ons and power commander I was 99rwhp. The big difference was not in the top end as you can see. But the big difference is in the middle of the curve. Read what I wrote again about how my power band is more beefed up more than yours, and you will see that it doesn't matter if you have 105 to the rear and I have 99. I wil still be faster than you, because at every RPM I'm kicking 5 to 10 more horses than you. Your peak maybe higher, but thats at about 14,000rpms to redline where you start seeing your top end. People just don't have any concept of speed. You think big top end and nothing more. The power commander may not give you a huge top end, but it will give you power where you need it most, in the middle, and it will smooth out your A:F ratio, making for a smooth and responsive ride. I think if you want big power, put in a custom cam, full exhaust, and nitrous, and custom tune it right with the powercommander. Or with all that money spent, you could probably trade up to a 1000CBRrr, and be done with it. Yeah as a newbie, I thought the same thing, put this on the bike and that thing, and watch my top end go to 115rwhp. NOT. But I don't blame you, my thinking was one dimensional too. Then I let experience be my teacher, and I found out for myself.

Old 10-24-2006, 10:48 AM

Mine had about 16000 km's on it (Im in Canada).

Old 10-24-2006, 02:11 PM

Mine had 4,500km and I'm from Canada as well. Ontario baby!!!. Anyways, the dyno was done awhile back, and I can't find the damn sheets. I had two, one for HP output, and one for torque. But I did look at the stock dyno sheet for this bike, and I remember that the curve was higher through the mid rpm ranges. I do notice a big difference in power and smoothness, even though the top end hp wasn't affected. Thats why I don't believe a slip on can make power. I feel that it is just for sound. A full exhaust is the way to go for some small HP gains. As far as the power commander goes, Dynojet told me straight up it would not give me more power. It is the power commander, not the power maker. It commands the power to act smoothly and nicely across the band, giving you an ideal A:F ratio, which is a good thing. If your bike is heavily modded, than the PC can ensure that your not running too lean or too rich. It is like a tuning chip that makes sure your in the right zone, and that your running at your optimum. With just a slip on and air filter, don't expect big gains, if any by using the power commander. But the bike does run a lot better, especially mid range. Thats just from my own experience now, maybe we have some members that have made 10 HP gains from the PC.[:-] I'd like to hear that story with dyno sheets if possible.

Old 10-24-2006, 05:41 PM

Ok.. See I have the full System. Im not expecting a huge gain in the top end, however with a better a/f more power is inevitable. The peak may go up 3 or 4, maybe even 5hp but the gains would be across the board. On my stock map I was running rich as hell though.

SO I agree the commander dosent make power, but the corrections you make with the commander do. :-) Even smoothing a power curve is "making power" so to speak. maybe not peak power, but useable.. You said it yourself too bro "I do notice a big difference in power and smoothness, even though the top end hp wasn't affected." That being said, a person shouldnt buy a PC for a stock bike looking to make gains with it but it does give the potential to maximize gains from mods you do.

Oh, and HondaCBR600RRhunk, Im not arguing with you so dont take it that way pls, just a friendly "debate" :-)

PS: whats it like up there in Ontario weather-wise lately? Im down in NS and lately its been like 5-6 degrees at night.

Old 10-25-2006, 02:40 AM

ORIGINAL: RedFireRR

SO I agree the commander dosent make power, but the corrections you make with the commander do. :-) Even smoothing a power curve is "making power" so to speak. maybe not peak power, but useable.. You said it yourself too bro "I do notice a big difference in power and smoothness, even though the top end hp wasn't affected." That being said, a person shouldnt buy a PC for a stock bike looking to make gains with it but it does give the potential to maximize gains from mods you do.

I totally agree with your comment, by golly you DID understand what I was trying to tell you. Yeah friendly debates are fine by me. The weather here is like 14C for the high and 4C for the low(at night). Kind of cold to ride, I think I want to move to San Diego where the weather is always 23C for the high and 17C low, ALL year round, from what I hear.
I think its time to put her in storage for a 5 months. That sounds depressing,