06 600rr Need some help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 600rr Need some help!

Here my prototype its not done...

First off let me just say i dont care if you dont like this. Its my bike and all i am asking for is help not if you like it or u dont like it. Thanks

Alright my first question is can i just wire these LED's into my lights wires so when my lights go on my LED's go on. Same for high beam once that is on the other LED goes on?

If not then

This is what i have been trying to do.

1. I have two boxes which are connectors.
A. My fuse is connected to it then to positive part of battery.
B. I have my positive wire from my LED into the box with fuse to positive part of battery

2. Then i have my negative stuff set up the same way just w/o a fuse.

3. Now i have my switch to turn it on and off. I blew over 10 fuses trying to get this right. And still i cant get it to work.

4. So now i have my button with two wires. Both Black im assuming one for positive then negative. So i burnt out a fuse then i switch the button wiring and then blew the next fuse.

I have no idea what i am doing wrong. I really need help. And i have used up to a 15 fuse and still same results both ways.:cursin::cursin:

Please help it would be greatly appreciated!!!

Old 06-07-2010, 09:42 PM

****s bright. you should be able to run it like any other led light system you do on a bike. run a toggle switch between the power and the lights with a ground. it should be nothing hard. check the wattage on the lights and get a fuse accountable to it. if you go to big on the fuse it removes the purpose of the fuse to bust so nothing major happens. make sure your battery is good and no major watt change. the only other thing i can think of is most of the wire on an 06 are hard wired, hence with having to splice into the harness to get led lights to blink at the right speed. but back to my first statement it should be a simple hook up like a led lighting system i would think.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You have any resistors inline? I'm no EE and don't remember squat from high school. But you may not have the right resistors in there.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:46 PM

forgot about the resistors. thats may be it.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:50 PM

Well i had other LED's on my bike and they worked perfect.

Yea i have done all that stuff...

I have two boxes. One with the fuse and LED positive. Then the fuse to the positive part of the battery.

Then i have another box with my LED wired with a negative wire to my negative part of the battery.

Then i have the button to turn it off/on and i put one wire in positive box, then one in negative box.

All set. Now when i press the button to turn if off...My fuse breaks and thats it nothing works until i put a new fuse in

Ps....Im not using these as blinkers. They are just show like normal LEDs