CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Winter F4 Mod log

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I just got an estimate for my rims to be powdercoated and my gastank painted white. The shop said they'll do it all for $300 do you think thats a good deal?

Old 02-01-2012, 07:42 AM

I'm only just jumping into this as well. But I think that's a pretty good deal. Especially if you consider that cost of new wheels. I turning mine into a repsol replica, and have looked at the orange repsol wheels... easily $300 each. (Of course, I'm sure the price is jacked up because it is a repsol wheel.)

Old 02-01-2012, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by armyjeffries
I'm only just jumping into this as well. But I think that's a pretty good deal. Especially if you consider that cost of new wheels. I turning mine into a repsol replica, and have looked at the orange repsol wheels... easily $300 each. (Of course, I'm sure the price is jacked up because it is a repsol wheel.)
Yea im sure that is just a mark up because they are popular.

Does anyone know what the f4i headlight relay looks like i want to order an f4i wiring harness but have no clue if the relay is present on the harness and i dont want to waste my money.
The harnesses are here Honda CBR F4i Wire harness (unmolested) | eBay
OR
Front Sub Wiring Harness Headlight 32103-MBW-A10 2006 06 Honda CBR600F4i CBR600 | eBay

PLEAAASSSSEE!!!! HELP

Old 02-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ddavis17
Does anyone know if i need to order f4i ram air ducts or if they would even fit on the f4? Since im changing to the f4i front end i was just wondering if i have to modify my f4 air ducts because the two airboxes are different.
I would keep & adapt the F4's to the F4i fairing.

Well I just got an estimate for my rims to be powdercoated and my gastank painted white. The shop said they'll do it all for $300 do you think thats a good deal?
My local powder-coating shop does wheels for $50/ea.
As for cost of painting the tank... It really depends on what prep you do, what type of paint you want, & if you'll be getting a clear coat. You could range from low to high.

...Does anyone know what the f4i headlight relay looks like...
Do a quick topic search in the F4i section. You should be able to pull up quite a few threads w/ pics.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:22 PM

If you find something on the relay, let me know. I bought a headlight from ebay and it has the tip-over sensor and wiring harness on it already. Still figuring out what I need to make it work correctly.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:21 AM

If you find something on the relay, let me know. I bought a headlight from ebay and it has the tip-over sensor and wiring harness on it already. Still figuring out what I need to make it work correctly.
I just bought a wiring harness off of ebay i think it may have the relay on it. Once it gets here and i figure it out ill let you know. Ill be sure to take pictures so people in the future wont have the same issues.

Old 02-03-2012, 06:21 PM

Well last night i tackled the carbs and she's purring like a cat in heat. Its like i have a brand new bike. My jets were clogged but the carbs were fairly clean which is surprising since they probably haven't been cleaned since 2000 when it was manufactured. Today i wired all my wires from the guages to the f4 wiring harness and it looks like its stock . I also took the motorcycle down to get the rims powder coated white (since i don't have a front stand i cant just take the rims). Those should be back by the end of next week since the shop is all backed up. Also next week my headlight harness, DDM HID kit, f4i wire harness, driven white grips, 900rr temp sensor, and CBR bar ends should be here. My fairings should be here in a few weeks from cbrfairings.com and when they get here im getting my gas tank painted to match the white fairings. Progress progress progress .

Here are some pics

Carbs are off

OEM looking connectors all hooked up.

I rode it around to test the gauges and i really want to ride my bike now lol I dont know why i teased myself.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:44 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Outstanding work! Glad to hear it went well. :-)

Old 02-04-2012, 03:46 PM

Okay even though my motorcycle is at the shop getting the rims painted I received my f4i wiring harness today in the mail and i believe that this is the headlight relay. All of the wires match up with the wiring diagram. Its a 20A relay.

The headlight connector is next to the pistachio shells and the relay is next to the dime

Old 02-07-2012, 07:33 PM

Finally got my grips, headlight assembly and 900rr temp sensor. Now im waiting on my HID's, my bike to get back from paint, my fairings, bar ends, stem cap, and i have to order my integrated tail light.

Quick Reply: Winter F4 Mod log