CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

suspended licsense??

Old 10-22-2011, 12:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspended licsense??

as many of you know i was hit by a truck a while ago, nobody was hurt, ill explain how it went down.. i was backing out of a parking spot, i looked behiend be to back out and it was clear, i got to the end of the parking space lines and stopped and looked again, and it was clear so i proceeded to back out, i was in the middle of the parking lot STOPPED and put the bike in gear to go, as i was doing that, a lady backed out into me.. we took eachothers info and her insurane company contacted me.. after they found out i was uninsured it started to go down hill, i had to pay to fix my own bike, then two weeks later got a bill from them for over a thousand dollars! they told me if i dont pay it in 30 days they can suspend my liscense untill i do? something isnt right here.. of course they would say it was my fault so they get their money back because i dont have anyone on my side to fight for me..i cant afford a lawyer either.. anyone ever encounter this?

Old 10-22-2011, 01:05 AM
Track junkie & modaholic

take them to court, I was hit (insured but only liability) and they took me to court my court appointed lawyer reviewed the photos of the accident and they ended up paying me for my totaled car. it was nice and prob. rare outcome but maybe you can get it tossed.

Old 10-22-2011, 01:21 AM

Yeah I would seek the advice of a lawyer. I know you can't afford it so check out local organizations that may be able to set you up with a lawyer willing to work pro bono or at least at a discount. Try United Way and any other charitable organizations around. Also a consultation is usually free. If you find their threats are in fact threats and they have no grounds to actually require you to pay I'd contact the attorney generals office as these tactics are often illegal or highly frowned upon depending on your state laws.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:21 AM

also, when they said that they wouldnt pay to fix my bike they said they werent going to fix it because its hear or say and nobody saw it, then they said but at the same time, we wont come after you for her truck either.. then i get a bill for one thousand and forty six dollars... what *** holes.. i bet they think, well since hes uninsured then we will go after him so we can save face on the money we just spent to fix our clients truck..i contacted a motorcycle specfic attorney, they will be calling me monday..just when i get the bike put back together this crap happends..fml..

Old 10-22-2011, 09:35 AM

Have you gotten insurance yet???? Also, A good tip is to back into a parking spot.... so when you exit you can just drive out....:icon_headonaswivel: this applies in a cager also....

Last edited by Trey929RR; 10-22-2011 at 10:42 AM. Reason: emoticon
Old 10-22-2011, 11:02 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to hear about your problem w/ this.

Get a lawyer. Tell the other party to pound sand.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:04 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I see these guys tv ads all the time...

LawTigers.com, Motorcycle Accident Attorneys

Old 10-22-2011, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by rpmraper
they told me if i dont pay it in 30 days they can suspend my liscense untill i do? something isnt right here..

Exactly something's not right, suspend your license...seriously?
It's threat to get you to pay so ignore it, personally if someone told me that I'd tell them to f-off.

Old 10-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The reason they are coming after you is because in the laws eyes YOU are at fault.
The reason you are at fault is because you have no insurance and shouldn't have been there because of that.

Same situation happened to my buddy, A girl ran a red light and T-boned him, He had no Insurance, And he had to pay for her repairs along with writing his car off for nothing because he shouldn't have been there.
It sucks, but driving with no insurance isn't the smartest thing either.

Old 10-22-2011, 03:46 PM

in florida you are NOT required to have insurance on a bike to drive it, its cool untill this happeneds, i didnt break any of my states laws, i just dont have anyone to fight for me because i dont have insurance.. i will be getting it monday though for sure..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: suspended licsense??