CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

rhino liner

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 12:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by andyriot
Id much rather have new looking, uniform color, no deep scratches/cracks for less than $100 instead of trying to track down good plastics spending HUNDREDS and THEN having them professionally preped and painted for upwards of $1000. All for a 12 year old bike? Yeah ill go for the $75 job that will come out with almost the same look

Everywhere ive been so far with my bike Herculined, almost *everyone* compliments it and says how badass/mean it looks, then proceeds to ask a million questions about it. Take it for what its worth, im very satisfied with my transformation.
dunno where you price things, but for $1k I can buy new fairings already painted n striped from Honda.

I'm glad you like the way it looks, its your bike you should like it I'm glad ppl you come across like it. But as I said I dont like the cheap look of it. I also dont like spray can paint jobs for the same reason, they look cheap n dont last. But I know how to do paint n body work so I may be a lil bias on that part lol.

Old 03-18-2010, 03:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
dunno where you price things, but for $1k I can buy new fairings already painted n striped from Honda.

I'm glad you like the way it looks, its your bike you should like it I'm glad ppl you come across like it. But as I said I dont like the cheap look of it. I also dont like spray can paint jobs for the same reason, they look cheap n dont last. But I know how to do paint n body work so I may be a lil bias on that part lol.
I didnt give exact prices for that very reason. Collecting new bits of fairings is easily hundreds of dollars as I mentioned. A custom paint job + all the prep is going to run "upwards of $1000" I said meaning more than a few hundred, but maybe not quite four digits. And as you mentioned, you can buy an entire fairing set already painted for around $1000 --- again, way more than I am willing to spend on a 12 year old bike. Thats half of what its worth (or more).

I agree with the spray can jobs -- to me a crappy PAINT job will ruin anything. You can see a crappy job when its done. Herculiner however not being paint, its nearly impossible to make it look "flawed". The "flaws" are what makes it. I also believe this will last quite a bit longer than a spray can job, being that its meant to be used and abused (in a truck bed).

With all that said... If I could do all my own professional looking prep and paint work... then yes I would probably go that route as well (still more expensive). But to give an old bike some new life and a new look until I can afford to get into something better (and better looking?) something like this is the perfect solution.

Just came in from riding... got into conversations on two seperate occasions at stop lights from people complimenting it and asking me questions. All within a little half hour ride. Again, take it for what its worth

BTW im not trying to argue with you, or make you like it haha. Were all entitled to our opinions! Just giving you my side in a rational manor

Old 03-18-2010, 05:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

same here

Old 03-18-2010, 07:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used Rust Check spray bedliner when I fixed up some faded and rashed F4i signal lights. Prep well and use light dusting coats and it comes out looking like brand new plastic with a slight grainy texture. Not cheap or tacky looking at all. And complaining about weight is just dumb -- I can't see it being any heavier than a normal primer + colour paint job. Unless you use the brush-on kind and slap in on half an inch thick

But even I probably wouldn't do a whole bike that way (well, maybe a ratbike) . . . if nothing else, I'd be out of luck if I ever changed my mind about the colour scheme. Bedliner is impervious to just about everything except fire

Old 03-20-2010, 11:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to work for line-x and it is the best bed liner, that **** adds plenty of weight, i wouldnt use a bed lining on any bike, however, I have line-x ed a few clutch and break levers, and that turned out really good. I have had to remove alot of the cheap bed liners, they do not last, and have alot of imperfections, and the thickness is not concistant. Line-x goes on hot, and if you ask, can be shot very thin, and then textured, if your going to put any of these products on your bike, use line-x, its also paintable, and im not just saying this because I used to work there, It really is the best stuff, I have seen it all in the bedliner product lines