CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

rhino liner

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 08:55 PM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rhino liner

I am thing of Rhino Lining my bike I was wondering if any has done this already and if they have pictures

Old 03-16-2010, 08:56 PM
Registered Users

i was thinking ...... im on my damn phone and the letters are so small

Old 03-16-2010, 09:51 PM

mines not an f4 but they look pretty similar....

Old 03-17-2010, 12:21 AM
Registered Users

sweet did you do it yourself or did you get it done

Old 03-17-2010, 12:27 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I dont like it, but its not my bike

Old 03-17-2010, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

sounds like unnecessary bulk and weight to me.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:20 AM

@playful & @regener8 -- Haters in the house!!

@moose Yes i did it all myself. I was inspired by "willduce" on these forums -- I am not the originator of this. BUT! Its very easy and very cheap. Its called "Herculiner" and you can buy it at your local AutoZone. You can buy a gallon of it with all the tools needed as a kit for about $80-90 and you will have more than enough to do multiple coats, Or you can do as I did and buy it by the quart for $25 and then get a seperate foam roller/pan etc. I had to buy 2 quarts, but didnt use all the second one. Then theres a seperate "kit" for the foam brush/pan/scuff pad/etc for $11. So i spent around $75 for the entire thing. If you want/need more instructions then I can help you out!

BTW! @regener8ed -- You must know the whole story before judging And no, it added hardly any weight whatsoever. Maybe a few ounces. Take a crap before you go out and youre back to even

Last edited by andyriot; 03-17-2010 at 10:25 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by andyriot
@playful & @regener8 -- Haters in the house!!

@moose Yes i did it all myself. I was inspired by "willduce" on these forums -- I am not the originator of this. BUT! Its very easy and very cheap. Its called "Herculiner" and you can buy it at your local AutoZone. You can buy a gallon of it with all the tools needed as a kit for about $80-90 and you will have more than enough to do multiple coats, Or you can do as I did and buy it by the quart for $25 and then get a seperate foam roller/pan etc. I had to buy 2 quarts, but didnt use all the second one. Then theres a seperate "kit" for the foam brush/pan/scuff pad/etc for $11. So i spent around $75 for the entire thing. If you want/need more instructions then I can help you out!

BTW! @regener8ed -- You must know the whole story before judging And no, it added hardly any weight whatsoever. Maybe a few ounces. Take a crap before you go out and youre back to even
He asked I told em my opinion, it looks like shyt, make the bike look cheap, n most def would make it harder to cuz of the fact that shyt would be hard to get off if you or future owner wanted to do a real paint job.

each his own n all, but I rather roll with cracked fairings stitched together with zipties than rhino line my bike

Old 03-18-2010, 07:44 AM

I'll have to agree with PlayfulGod...

I picked my F4 up off a kid not to long ago, and he had it rhino lined. Honestly it looks cheap and kinda crappy. I'm in the process of sanding all the plastics and tank down..what a P.I.T.A!

Old 03-18-2010, 10:18 AM

Id much rather have new looking, uniform color, no deep scratches/cracks for less than $100 instead of trying to track down good plastics spending HUNDREDS and THEN having them professionally preped and painted for upwards of $1000. All for a 12 year old bike? Yeah ill go for the $75 job that will come out with almost the same look

Everywhere ive been so far with my bike Herculined, almost *everyone* compliments it and says how badass/mean it looks, then proceeds to ask a million questions about it. Take it for what its worth, im very satisfied with my transformation.

Quick Reply: rhino liner