CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Power loss+clogged fuel filter=lol, duhhh

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 04:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power loss+clogged fuel filter=lol, duhhh

im posting this to help others learn..the easy way. for those who havnt experianced this, or dont know this already, a old clogged fuel filter can and will cause A LOT more of power loss than you think. thinking it might be ur clutch?? better be taking a closer look at ur fuel filters. it might save you time and money to do so.

for two weeks now ive been freaking about power loss thinking for sure it was my clutch slipping; hours and hours of lost sleep searching online for a solution,taking it easy on the throttle, patiently waiting for weeks til pay day so i could order new clutch kit, and so on. it had every sign of a slipping clutch, power loss especially over 5-6k rpm ( i dont know all the ways to diagnose a bad clutch, i would like to know) and i was so excited for the arrival of my brand spanking new EBC clutch kit tomorrow until...

yester day i found my fuel pump wires in not so good shape, pump not getting full voltage,so it wasnt pumping 100%. i decided to rewire and solder the connections. low and behold, what i noticed imediatly on the way home was the power pick back up a good bit better! also i noticed that when i pulled the clutch in and revved it to around 10k or so it still had a slight hesitation going through rpms quickly like normal.

that lead me to think its fuel related. so now i started thinking to my self..hmm rewired fuel pump +better acceleration, rev with clutch in and still rpm hesitating, thats gotta be a fuel pressure/ restriction issue. just while ago today i deleted the fuel filter temperarily, took it for a test ride and bingo! its back to raping the rpms once again....o, im still excited about my clutch kit coming in, just glad i dont have to **** with it now,lol.

i was so sick of having to ride the same speed as the cages and harley guys and getting passed by cruisers! F THAT, WOOHOO! IM RIDING AGAIN BITCHES! like ludicris says "move bitch, get out the way"

does any one know of a more free -flowing fuel filter to use than oem? what about those cone shaped ones with the copper filter inside? any good?

Last edited by gotcbr; 09-03-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:46 AM
Track junkie & modaholic

the best one for the bike is the oem one, if your looking for better flowing you need to replace the petcock with a dual outlet and run two, otherwise a brand spanking new fuel filter will serve you faithfully a word of advice that was given to me was always start with the fuel system and go by the numbers, it will save you time and stress.

Old 09-04-2012, 01:02 AM

thanks, i was just reading that these fuel filters need to be replaced every two years or every 6,000 miles. is that true? if so where is the cheapest oem filters you have found?