CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Ordered replacement fairing... fingers crossed

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pugheaven
Well, collected them today and have to say disappointing... massively...

I wanted to keep the original colour on the bike, it's a 1 year colour and thus... deserves to be kept that way... where my bike is metallic turquoise these new ones are metallic blue (actually lovely looking BUT NOT ORIGINAL)... and the yellow (at night as I was outside now) seems the lighter flat yellow of F4i's NOT the pearl darker yellow of my bike...

Quality of the parts is good, no defects, paint job is acceptable, all in they're nice BUT the yellow is NOT going to match my tank I don't think... GUTTED!!!!

So, what to do now...

Will take some pictures side by side for you guys tomorrow, see what you think, it'll also show the quality of the product... been so looking forward to this :-(
Sorry to hear this

I hope the yellow colour does match up better when you get to work so you can make use of it as that would at least be a saving grace.

Old 05-03-2013, 02:48 AM

Well taking a punt... as I've got a lot on at the moment, I've got "twowheelworkshop" to do it on Tuesday, so will post the pictures when it's all on.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:33 AM

I look forward to seeing how well they fit mate

Old 05-05-2013, 06:44 PM

Yeah also putting the all in rear light cluster at same time... so, that'll be nice me thinks :-)

Old 05-05-2013, 07:06 PM

the fairing you ordered is actually the most difficult to reproduce due to the colors ( turquoise ) and their fading.
You can easily see the differences before buying by zooming on the pictures on ebay sellers.

I suggest ordering fairing with north america template , which are simpler and less risky ( two colors only ) .

Old 05-11-2013, 06:03 AM
Cool

Okay, here's a few pictures as just finished putting it all together. Will take more pictures of all the angles but it was starting to wallop down with rain.

Okay... some pro's and con's of the kit:

Pros:
  1. Very very cheap at £228 notes for the full kit, that includes everything including the plastic dash inserts and tail etc. Got caught with £26 import Tax into UK so all in £254 notes.
  2. Quality of the paint and spraying looks solid... time will tell how it'll stand to stones etc, however it's nicely done for the moment.
  3. All stickers look spot on and line up... although one seems to be missing, the large Honda one on the bottom of the side fairing... however... will deal with that myself.
  4. As I've got a colour change now, bit annoying BUT the blur electric colour is a nice metallic.

Cons:
  1. The fit of some of it is not good. The tail is perfect, absolutely spot on. Even the front around the light is decent although there's a gap at the bottom of the wind shield... however the right side fairing has a 1cm gap approx coming along the side of the bike... and not alot I can do about it really... annoying.
  2. The colour in the advert IS NOT the same as the colour it comes in like said above. they look different, simple as that. However the electric blue is... err... electric... and bright...
  3. The yellow is no longer pearl effect like on my tank and the original fairing... whoever that's my fault not of the people who made it.

So, am I happy, kind of... I've now moved away from it being authentic and a one off year colour of 1999 which is annoying... BUT tough luck. Deal with it. For the money, the KIT IS FANTASTIC... I mean, god knows how much this would cost from Honda directly... so for it's slight problems... you can't have everything for nothing so result.

While I was at it, we've wired in the LED single light cluster LED now... looks sweet, means I'm now illegal in UK but hey ho who cares rofl.

Last edited by Pugheaven; 05-11-2013 at 06:14 AM.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:35 PM

For the money mate they look spot on, not perfect but then genuine items would cost 10 times what you paid so I'd be happy with that. I'm going to have my genuine fairings re sprayed and go for an individual look as I can afford to replicate the genuine thing

Old 05-13-2013, 08:25 AM

Your bike looks great to me and nice and fresh looking.
Well done to you I'd say!

Old 05-14-2013, 04:10 AM

Had it out yesterday, waxed it all... and tbh, I'm a lot happier now it's perfectly clean and waxed. Just one area where it's a poor fit really... and I think I can fix this, so all in... got a couple of comments from bikers saying how sweet bike is... so, I'm a happy bunny now.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:46 AM

Even though the blue isn't the same, I really like it. Maybe more than the original color.

Looks great.

Quick Reply: Ordered replacement fairing... fingers crossed