CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Ordered replacement fairing... fingers crossed

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 05:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Ordered replacement fairing... fingers crossed

Ordered these in exactly the same original colour. Just been packaged and posted so will take around a week to hit the UK. All in, £235 notes, that's for supply, spraying and decals in exactly the same as below.

Reason I've ordered a new set? I dropped my bike on a gravel drive before Xmas and it's scratched the fairings. As the bike is otherwise MINT, I thought for the price keep the old set for tracking and these new set for general use.

Will post some pictures etc when they're received. Anyone else buy from these places?

Old 04-01-2013, 06:45 AM

I bought a set from them the fit is ok but be ready to cuss a little and just move slowly and you will e fine

Old 04-01-2013, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by cookml22
I bought a set from them the fit is ok but be ready to cuss a little and just move slowly and you will e fine
Ok, cheers, did it all line up ok, that's my main concern. What was the quality of the finish like?

Old 04-01-2013, 02:41 PM

Let us know how it goes! I want a spare set for paint scheme experimenting and those look a reasonable price!

Old 04-12-2013, 05:45 PM
Registered Users

Good luck Pug, its not too bad a job redoing the fairings, but def take it slowly like cookml said, I also got new bolts washers grommets etc at the same time and found that made the whole job nicer.

I got my matt black fairings from these guys as a comparison and was very happy with the service, wasn't happy with the original tail/left fairing they sent as as they got damaged in transit and they sent me new ones no questions asked so i've got a few spares!!

Anyway enjoy the refit, keen to see pictures of the result...

Cheers
Benni

Old 04-13-2013, 03:40 AM

Well, parts are at customs UK for last 2 days, hopefully they'll send out today, so early next week, it's new kit time. Yeah I've bought a new bolt kit just so it looks sweet. Will use a day next week, get all fairing off and put this new one on... will take a while as I wanna clean all the bike underneath bigtime... and also my blue LED's need peeling off and sticking back on :-) Praying the colour is the perfect match for the tank... do NOT want the yellow looking odd :-(

Old 04-24-2013, 06:43 PM

My side fairing are slightly damaged so I'd be interested to see how you get on with these. I can't decide whether it's worth the money on my bike, as it's got 30k on the clock and an engine casing is damaged too so it's never going to be mint.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:28 AM

How these going on pug heaven? Nearly done yet?

Old 04-25-2013, 03:31 PM

Well, collected them today and have to say disappointing... massively...

I wanted to keep the original colour on the bike, it's a 1 year colour and thus... deserves to be kept that way... where my bike is metallic turquoise these new ones are metallic blue (actually lovely looking BUT NOT ORIGINAL)... and the yellow (at night as I was outside now) seems the lighter flat yellow of F4i's NOT the pearl darker yellow of my bike...

Quality of the parts is good, no defects, paint job is acceptable, all in they're nice BUT the yellow is NOT going to match my tank I don't think... GUTTED!!!!

So, what to do now...

Will take some pictures side by side for you guys tomorrow, see what you think, it'll also show the quality of the product... been so looking forward to this :-(

Old 04-26-2013, 02:47 AM

Update, just quickly checked and the yellow although not the same isn't as far out as I thought in the daylight... so... gonna do a proper check when I get in from work later... and then decide when to fit, could be this weekend.

Quick Reply: Ordered replacement fairing... fingers crossed