CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 12:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions

So I'm in need of new tires on the bike. Looking for opinions on what tires to get. Broad subject but primary use is commute with a little fun on the twisties once in a while. Basically looking for a tire that wears well on the freeway. Round trip is about 150 a day to work. What do you guys prefer and what should I stay away from? Thanks in advance.

Eric

Old 01-31-2012, 01:35 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Eric, Excellent brief description of your primary needs & uses for tires.

My recommendation would be for a dual-compound tire that has longer wearing durability in the center tread area, w/a softer outer compound w/a little better grip for those occasional twisties.

Seeing as you're doing 150 freeway roundtrip per day, the more track oriented dual-compounds - such as the Michelin PP2CT & Dunlop Q2 prob won't give you the longer mileage wear that you need. However, you can still accomplish your needs w/ something like the Dunlop Roadsmart or Michelin Pilot Road/Power Pure.

Buy quality, like the recommendations above, & you'll be good to go.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr

My recommendation would be for a dual-compound tire that has longer wearing durability in the center tread area, w/a softer outer compound w/a little better grip for those occasional twisties.

Seeing as you're doing 150 freeway roundtrip per day, the more track oriented dual-compounds - such as the Michelin PP2CT & Dunlop Q2 prob won't give you the longer mileage wear that you need. However, you can still accomplish your needs w/ something like the Dunlop Roadsmart or Michelin Pilot Road/Power Pure.

I have the michelin pilot power 2CT and i think they are pretty good. Got my set off ebay for 250. gotcbr is right though, i dont track ride and they wear out fast if you ride a lot (and i do) but they are great tires. They warm up pretty fast and they have some amazing grip compared to my stock tires. As long as you go with quality you can't lose.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr

Thanks gotcbr,
Heading down to the local dealer this weekend to look at the above mentioned tires. Will let you know what I go with.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by ddavis17
I have the michelin pilot power 2CT and i think they are pretty good. Got my set off ebay for 250. gotcbr is right though, i dont track ride and they wear out fast if you ride a lot (and i do) but they are great tires. They warm up pretty fast and they have some amazing grip compared to my stock tires. As long as you go with quality you can't lose.
And a thanks to you to0 ddavis, I will make sure to check on the PP 2CT as you mentioned them along with gotcbr.

Old 02-02-2012, 12:05 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jeeptuff
Thanks gotcbr,
Heading down to the local dealer this weekend to look at the above mentioned tires. Will let you know what I go with.
You're welcome. Have fun shopping.