CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

The OFFICIAL CBRforum F4 Mod Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 07:23 PM
I Can't Sell Because I'm Hardheaded
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Turbulenz
Wow Mike.. you are moving fast.. now you have me feeling like crap.. I bought front brake pads a few weeks ago and they are still sitting in the box.. you have swapped wiring and an engine in....

good stuff

The engine swap really isn't bad, the wiring harness was a pain, trying to remember where it was tucked here and there n what not.... oh and remembering which bolts you finger tightened so you can go back is always fun for your first ride

Old 04-26-2010, 10:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 04-28-2010, 01:26 PM

mk2mike, I have not recieved those parts yet that I payed for a week ago, how did you ship them? Tracking number please...

Old 04-28-2010, 08:45 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm sure all will be fine rideoncbr... Mike seems like a good guy.. 1 week really isnt a long time considering finalizing payment, packing things up, bringing to the shipping place, shipping time.. weekends, etc....

Don't panic!

Bike looks good! Reminds me of dmcb's bike before he started his front swap.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Turbulenz
I'm sure all will be fine rideoncbr... Mike seems like a good guy.. 1 week really isnt a long time considering finalizing payment, packing things up, bringing to the shipping place, shipping time.. weekends, etc....

Don't panic!

Bike looks good! Reminds me of dmcb's bike before he started his front swap.
not worried, just every time a nabor drives by, i run to the living room to see if its the parts...lol He e-mailed me, and there was some issue with the shipping, so I dont think there sent yet, worst case I can just drive or ride down to get the parts, he is only about 2 hours away, he said something about refunding the money, but I really want that cowl, I hate the passenger seat, I just bought a extra right side passenger peg so I can mod it to only hold the exhaust and no peg, and then remove the other side completle, also helping me not ride so many wheelies "bad habbit" I always use the left passenger peg....

currently doing 70 days of work project for being a hibitual highway wheelier, I cant afford to be cought again, the peg is an inabler...lol jk
only 53 more days left to do, they get $20 and a day of labor for each day served, but its better than jail!!

Learn from my misteaks DONT RIDE WHEELIES ON THE HIGHWAY

Old 04-29-2010, 08:31 AM

I ont know if noticed but the tail fairing attaches to the peg brackets. I was gonna remove mine all together to stop me from riding girls that arent my wife on the back.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by dmcb2120
I ont know if noticed but the tail fairing attaches to the peg brackets. I was gonna remove mine all together to stop me from riding girls that arent my wife on the back.

good eye.... yes I already noticed that also, I have extra's for both sides, im gonna be chopping them up to make it work, if you want ill post pics!! might do it today, I have a little head cold, but if i start feeling any better im gonna get started on it

for most bikes they make a exhaust hanger bracket without a peg for around 25 bucks, the only one I found for the f4 is almost 100. I think the thin piece of stamped metal is hardly worth 25, I might just go designe something, go to a machine shop have them make me 2,000 or so of them and start selling on ebay and craigslist, well see, there will have to be atleast a small amount of profit, and I dont want to sell them for anything more than $25 shipped

Last edited by rideoncbr; 04-29-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
I need to fix n repaint my upper fairing, add a usb power port for gps, charging things etc.

UUUU.. HAD NOT THOUGHT THAT.. GOOD IDEA

PlayfulGod u any one,, from where ll u get the power, direct from batt or a live wire?

if live wire, which one?

Old 04-30-2010, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by HrGomez
UUUU.. HAD NOT THOUGHT THAT.. GOOD IDEA

PlayfulGod u any one,, from where ll u get the power, direct from batt or a live wire?

if live wire, which one?
I had a post maybe a page back on mine. I just went directly to the battery. Instead of that USB mod, I used a regular lighter socket and this lil usb dongle thing I have. Now I can charge my phone and whoever else has a car charger.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:25 PM

Name:  8e00ede3.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  36.1 KB
Name:  7ea40ba9.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  81.9 KB
Name:  f0e706a7.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  37.9 KB
Stobe light on
Name:  32b0f1f6.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  39.0 KB

Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL CBRforum F4 Mod Thread!