CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

No headlight or turn signals help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 04:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No headlight or turn signals help!

Hey all,

So I have an interesting one today. I awoke the other night to a bad dream and went outside to see my bike looked like it had been tampered with. It was too dark so I took a nap and in the morning took a better look.

My fairing had a lighter taken to them all around the nose connectors. I thought this was the least of my worries, so what, someone failed at stealing my fairings. I took the cbrawr for a ride and got pulled over for no headlight on. Hmm..?

I took a look with the officer and noticed my HID PLUG AND PLAY kit had been CUT out. What?!?! It's plug and play. >.>
Not only was that cut and no plug to put a new headlight bulb, but the orange and blue connectors on male and female ends for my turn signals were cut and gone too. Yup. Economy is that bad.

I'm not here to blame Obama for any of this....... I'm actually asking if any of y'all know..
--> How I can get my hands on new male and female blue and orange turn harness things, where from, what they are called, and how to wire them up?? It's a ball of wires under that nose fairing now. I actually bought abother bike because I was so depressed I couldn't get this to work. So I'm selling my F4 for 2k if we can't figure this out together.
Thanks!

Old 03-14-2013, 07:40 PM

The head light you can get new h4 conecter and wire it in and the binkers can be hard wired to by pas the clips, a test light will be your friend and as far as the wireing you may find the colors on here some wear if not next time I mess with my bike ill look at my wire colors and let you know the colors. It's might not be till Sunday before I can post the info you need though

Old 03-14-2013, 07:41 PM

Take a pic of the damage so we can see the extent of it sounds like you have a "fun" time ahead of you, as I know I hate wireing work

Old 03-15-2013, 06:25 AM
Track junkie & modaholic

I'm sorry to hear that happened to your bike, its sad to find people messing with other peoples stuff, its not like it a large corporation that can either replace or just doesn't care about the bike.

Here are the connections you need to replace the OEM ones, I have bought from him before and the shipping is fast!!!! All the way from japan too! but well worth it.

Eastern Beaver
Turn Signals
Headlight

The clymer manual has great wiring diagrams that are in color and and I am more than willing to help you get the bike back up to spec!!! Take some photos and have faith! You can do it all with a soldering iron, a crimper and about 4 hours once you get the parts back!!

Old 03-25-2013, 11:16 PM

Well thanks guys for everything. I sold the F4 to a fellow sailor and gave him the link to the site and this post. I plan on helping him learn all I've learned here. The pearl and flames F4 is no longer mine but I'm sure we'll see it on the site soon