CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

new bike needs tlc.. got a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 10:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just got my "new" ebay integrated tail light in.. came with resistors and no instructions

it does the same thing the old one did.... same exact light

as far as just messing with the wires to accidentally figure it out ive tried.. for as long as i can till i get pist and just put it back in the garage

Old 07-29-2010, 12:54 PM

I did a post on wiring this exact taillight into an F4 a long time ago. I searched for it but couldn't come up with it, I may have used my brothers username now that I think about it. I'll try that if not I'll go take a look at my bike and post what wire goes to what. I also had posted how to make your own undertail for the F4 I think they were the same post.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:00 PM
Old 07-30-2010, 08:48 AM

thanks dude i think i got it figured out but the piece of **** lights leds went out in all rows except the outside...

anyone know of a quality one not some p.o.s. from china that... with this thing it seems like i cant win.. summers short and i just wanna ride, not deal with this b.s.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:08 PM

I could go to my garage and see if I still have my stock taillight even has a good bulb in it.

Old 08-09-2010, 02:34 PM

i just want something new that i can bolt in with wiring instructions... right now i ride around my little town with no light cuz i fried all the leds on both light trying to figure it out wired everything as told and still messed up.. i wired the resistors in and it fried the leds they stopped working anyways.. i dont get that at all i thought resistors dropped voltage or amperage cant remember which.. i have slush mount led front signals would this affect anything??? i was told that might have something to do with my problems
???

Old 08-09-2010, 03:02 PM

hey man not sure if this will help but for a temporary solution you can rig up something like what I have on the track bike ive been building. I bought a cheap brake light (I believe its called a clearance light) and wired it in. Its kinda hard to describe ill go take a pic for you

Last edited by P_Glasovatz; 08-09-2010 at 03:38 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:29 PM

alright went out and took some pics-

Name:  IMG_5164.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  93.8 KB
Name:  IMG_5166.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  106.7 KB

All you have to do is cut off one of your tail light bulb sockets. Cut it far enough down so you can solder it back on later if you need to. There will be three different wires after you cut (ground, running light, brake light). On my bike (F3) the ground wire is solid green, the running light is a pinkish color and the actual brake light is green and yellow. Im pretty sure the F4 has a simmilar set up. The light I used does not have a running light function and will only light up for braking, so you can tape off the top of the pinkish wire. (or whatever the running light wire is)

The light i picked up at advance auto parts has two parts- the base and the actual light part that clips into the base. You screw the base part onto the bike somewhere. I put it at the top of my rear fender above the licsence plate. Just make sure you put it somewhere visable. You only need to drill two small holes to mount the base. I put the ground wire from the bike in the left side of the base where the screw mounts in. Theres a little metal thing in there that will act as a ground. On the right side of the base is a wire that you connect with the brake light off the bike.

It should only cost like 8 bucks to do this. It doesnt give you turn signals or anything but at least its better then no brake light at all. Also it will make your bike legal (most states only require a headlight and a taillight and this meets the requirements). I run this setup on my track bike because it makes my bike legal for the street and its quick and easy to remove. At least its something until you find a better solution.

oh yea i forgot to mention you can leave the other taillight you already have in there so the back of your bike doesnt look goofy. Just remove all the wires and tape off any ends.

Last edited by P_Glasovatz; 08-09-2010 at 03:36 PM.