CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Looking to buy the toolkit that comes with?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 04:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy the toolkit that comes with?!?!

Looking to buy the toolkit that comes with a 99 CBR F4 Carbed, my stock toolset is missing, I left it outside when I was working on my bike, when I came back I saw a black guy and a mexican guy, both gang bangers speeding away, no offense to any blacks or mexicans, I'm not racist I'm half spanish and half white. Long story short any one have this for sale? Slightly used is fine, as long as it has all the proper tools in it.

Old 07-19-2006, 04:50 PM
Default RE: Looking to buy the toolkit that comes with?!?!

Who would want to steal the toolkit, Jesus.

I would sell you mine, but for some reason Honda makes their bolts a special size or soemthing because my wrench and socket set are either too loose or too tight so i'm forced to use the wrench that comes in that stupid kit.

Old 07-20-2006, 04:38 AM

You need metric sockets and wrenches is probably why.

Old 07-20-2006, 11:43 AM

My bike didn't come with a tool kit so I'm without one also.

I have found one new at www.bikebandit.com for $65 or you can buy just parts of the toolkit from there also.

every once in a while I see one up on ebay also.

Jason

Old 07-20-2006, 01:04 PM

Did we as Americans, have to rebel against everything known to the world at the time? First it was Miles Per Hour, then Miles instead of Kilometers, finally metric vs standard? We are naturually American Bad Asses

Old 07-21-2006, 08:55 AM

To be honest dude you might as well form your own tool kit, just remember that the tools for the bike are gonna need to be metric (mm) rather than imperial ("). You should at least have 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 14mm, 22mm and 27mm spanners (open or ring). A 5mm 5.5mm and 6mm allen key. A crosshead (phillips) and flat head screw driver. A pair of pliers. Spark plug tool and Suspension adjuster tool. Apart from those bits you might as well have what ever you want, I have a bunch of fuses in mine along with a small roll of electrical tape and some tie wraps and a wide selection of allen keys. The only bits you might need to get from honda would be the suspension tool and spark plug tool. Hope that helps.

Old 07-21-2006, 07:24 PM

Actually thats the most useful reply I've seen in a while besides my Turning thread, now I know what to build upon and to aspire for, if I build it she will come! So when I'm watching that MTV special StuntLife, they are working on their bikes, and the garage has those huge red boxes with like 8 drawers each, and more tools and stuff, and even a stand that holds any part of the bike at any angle, I would love to have one of those, but anyway stunt bikes are made to be worked on all the time, if you treat a bike like that I would hope you are extensive in your knowledge of simple and complex mechanic problems. Long story short, thanks again for the tool checklist, also I might want to add in a torque wrench, but I don't know if those have sockets you put on them or if they are just a standard socket which fits most. So lets say I get a torque wrench do I get special torque wrench sockets in metric and in imperial?

Old 07-23-2006, 12:27 AM

Most socket sets you find over here are a 1/4" drive socket. My torque wrench and sockets are. I don't know what it's like over in America, but I would imagine you shouldn't need to go looking for a special socket set. If they do differ in drive sizes all you need is a step up or step down piece. But i'd go for a set of sockets with metric sizes for the bike, though you might as well get a set with the imperial sizes as well. The imperial sizes may come in handy for all sorts of other things like if you decide to sort your own bolt on accessories, they might come with imperial size bolts.