F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Toolkit = Amazing

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 01:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Toolkit = Amazing

So yesterday I was going to go for a short ride around town before I met up with my buddy at his riding class (gotta pick him up as he only has his permit right now). As I pulled out of my neighborhood, I noticed the acceleration/deceleration response of the bike was a bit jerky. Stopped at a stoplight and checked my chain. DANG!!! That thing was loose. I just adjusted it maybe 600 miles ago too. But oh well, they stretch and you gotta keep up with it. I remembered reading somewhere on here that the toolkit for the bike has all the stuff to tighten the chain. So I pull off in a parking lot, bust out the toolkit and BAM! There it all is, everything to adjust the chain. 5 minutes later, and that chain is sittin exatly where it needs to be. I LOVE IT! Continued on my ride for about 45 minutes before I picked up my buddy. Much better than running home, going inside to grab tools, blah, blah, blah, which would have taken quite a bit longer.

So case in point, that toolkit is just plain bad a$$. Yeah, they are kinda chinsey tools (not snap-on quality or anything), but it all works great and it fits under the seat. Awesome. What do you guys think?

Question: Aside from very serious maintenance, is there anything the toolkit can't do? Is there anything I should add to the toolkit to make my life easier if I need to tighten/adjust anything else in the future (while on the road of course)?

Old 06-17-2011, 01:44 PM

Sweet deal, if only mine came with a tool kit. I store some minor things in my "trunk" like hex keys, screw driver, pliers, and emergency flat kit (It's a bit cramped under my seat). Do they sell the tool kits anywhere online? It would be nice to have one in that situation.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Essential F4i toolkit:

8mm mini socket
Small Pliers
5-8mm allen key mutlitool
Tire plug kit
Few extra 10a fuses
Cree LED flashlight
ZIPTIES!
iphone

Old 06-17-2011, 04:02 PM

Dont think i could fit a 27mm socket under my seat.

Old 06-17-2011, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Sick97SS
Essential F4i toolkit:

8mm mini socket
Small Pliers
5-8mm allen key mutlitool
Tire plug kit
Few extra 10a fuses
Cree LED flashlight
ZIPTIES!
iphone
Don't forget the 10mm Driver to remove the front seat, if you don't have the nanner seat.

Old 06-17-2011, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by w4ffl3s
... Do they sell the tool kits anywhere online?...
I'm also curious about this. Not for me, obviously, but my best friend has the same bike and his didn't come with one... Anyone know where you can get the entire toolkit online? Obviously, you could look on craigslist, ebay, etc, but I wonder if there is a site that sells the whole thing...?

Old 06-17-2011, 04:28 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent

Ron Ayers has it listed in separate parts for $101.60 total: link. Wether it's available or not, that's another thing.
One could probably do better on eBay.

Old 06-17-2011, 05:03 PM

The tool kit is definitely awesome. I have all the tools in my garage to do what needs to be done but I still use the tool kit every chance I get haha.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:15 PM
Post Seafoam

so for a couple rides I was noticing that my bike seemed like it had a hesitation/miss problem. I filled the tank completely with 93 grade fuel from sunoco and put 5 fluid oz. of seafoam in the tank. WOW I am amazed at the difference. I am going to go ahead and say I know the f4i doesnt need 93 to run like a top but if you mix seafoam (correctly) and add 93 fuel. I think you have a winning combination.

I digress. DO NOT USE SEAFOAM unless you know how to add it and have a way to measure the correct dose your beauty between your legs wants/needs. IF YOU MIX WRONG** you will burn out the heads on those expensive iridium plugs. If you do it right, on the other hand, you will notice a much more responsive bike.

HAPPY TRAILS

Old 06-19-2011, 05:00 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent

so for a couple rides I was noticing that my bike seemed like it had a hesitation/miss problem. I filled the tank completely with 93 grade fuel from sunoco and put 5 fluid oz. of seafoam in the tank. WOW I am amazed at the difference. I am going to go ahead and say I know the f4i doesnt need 93 to run like a top but if you mix seafoam (correctly) and add 93 fuel. I think you have a winning combination.

I digress. DO NOT USE SEAFOAM unless you know how to add it and have a way to measure the correct dose your beauty between your legs wants/needs. IF YOU MIX WRONG** you will burn out the heads on those expensive iridium plugs. If you do it right, on the other hand, you will notice a much more responsive bike.
I'll totally agree with the SF, but isn't it a little off topic?
Pyrex makes a graduated measuring glass cup which reads in ounces. Tis what I use.

Quick Reply: Toolkit = Amazing