CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Led indicator relays

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 07:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jurgs2007
i you get the led electronic relay, you only need 1, and it actually mounts by the rest of your relays. it replaces the stock turn signal relay. and then you wont have to worry about doing anything else at all! just make sure you get one thats meant for your bike with a direct plug and play so you dont have to chop any wires.

and no, you will not have to worry about both sides flashing at the same time.. not unless you get 2 wire front signals to replace the stock 3 wire, and you try to hook up both the turn signal and the running light at the same time.. but theres also a way around that that i did to be able to still have running lights.. theres a thread somewhere about it, but just get a couple 1 way diodes and solder them to the end of each power, then solder the other end of them together, then solder the power wire of the new led to the open end of the diodes. once done correctly, both power wires will be connected together into 1 power wire, and you wont have any feedback to the other side.
Right so let me get this straight. I'm going to replace all front and rear indicators with my new LED ones sitting at home. However, if I remember correctly these are 2 wire LED Indicators, 1+ve and 1-ve for the wires obviously. So, if I replace the original 3 wire indicators I'll be ok with this relay replacing the original, it's just that I won't have a ground is it on the 3rd pin?

Not sure what you mean by
not unless you get 2 wire front signals to replace the stock 3 wire, and you try to hook up both the turn signal and the running light at the same time..
??? What you mean by hooking up both turn signal and running light at same time?

Excuse my stupidness on this one, but I simply want the easiest and simplest way to slap these Indicators on with a relay and hey presto it all works lol... I'm crap at anything electrical so don't want to knacker anything up. I'm confused around this 2 wire and 3 wire flasher relay that's on the site.

Or is it just easier to put resisters on instead?

Last edited by Pugheaven; 07-13-2012 at 07:23 AM.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:00 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

That relay is fine it it grounded through the rest of the wiring loop.

You rear turn signals are two wire so they are straight forward. Your front, however, will be a bit more complicated. But don't fret! You will be fine the solid blue/Orange wires are your running lights and the blue/orange with a white stripe is your turn signal you still need the ground. If you just splice the solid wire with the striped one than your gonna have all kinds of crazy going one and your signals are not going to work. You need to wire diodes inline to prevent the signal coming from the running light flowing into the turn signal indicator. Not to self promote but I made a wiring diagram on how to wire up your front led turn signals as running lights as well as turn signals, just ignore the part about the vent leds unless you want to put led turn signals in you RAM air vents. There is also a thread in the how to section on this.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:46 PM

yea, with the new 2 wire signals in the front, you can easily wire them up, but only using 2 of the existing wires on the bike.. will have to figure out which wires to use. but then you will only have turn signals, and no running lights. if you take the 2 possitive wires on the bike and add a diode to each one of them, then connect the other end of the diodes together, they form a single usable line. then you will have gone from 2 positives and a ground, to a single positive and ground that will work for your led lights.

heres the How To thread. its fairly simple, just takes a little time, and works best if you solder the connections.
https://cbrforum.com/forum/how-mecha...-inputs-84998/

Last edited by jurgs2007; 07-14-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:07 PM

Right guys... I've wired the fronts in and the rears in (look great will post piccies in a bit)... however, obviously now they are all flashing about 3-4 times faster now. So... found the turn signal relay, under the seat cowling next to three other relays... and obviously all four are now on two wires only... so cheers for the help here.

Anyhow, this relay, it's three pin obviously... so... now I need to order the relay me thinks.

Here's the old one, the Mitsuba FR-3303 ?

That it? So like you guys said earlier, If I get the direct plug and play one, then it'll literally just ignore the ground pin and only use relay for the +ve/-ve?

Trying to find a nice plug and play one that I can plug original wires into the relay in the UK... think it'll be this one

Last edited by Pugheaven; 07-17-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:11 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yep.. When I had my F4 I bought one from motorcyclegear.com.. For the f4i I bought one from customled.com both were plug and play.

Old 07-17-2012, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Turbulenz
Yep.. When I had my F4 I bought one from motorcyclegear.com.. For the f4i I bought one from customled.com both were plug and play.
Nice one, just ordered from Amazon for £12 delivered, that'll do me... comes 1pm Thursday which is fine as it's p1ssing down with rain in the UK at moment, plus while I've got all the rear tail off, gonna clean it all out tomorrow night as well and replace tail bulb (brakes work, one of the riding lights wasn't lighting up so, may as well replace that at same time, get it all nice and 100% working).

Lovely, right time for bed, cheers guys.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:27 PM

yep, once you plug in that new relay, your lights will be all good to go!

Old 07-20-2012, 03:22 AM

Annoyingly they got my address wrong yesterday, so it's being redelivered today while working from home... so It'll be on today. Will post piccies when it's all back together.