CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Help needed!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 08:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed!!!!

Hey,

First time post on here, came looking cause in need of some help!

Have a 2000 F4 and having some problems, had her away for the winter cause the weather in Ireland over winter has been even sh1tter than usual, went to start her last week, wouldnt start, stripped her down cleaned out all the lines and plugs and got her going! She was running fine at high revs but really stuttering at low and wouldnt idle, was told by a 'pro' that the intectors would need cleaned, so i got a new fuel filter and injector cleaner. Installed the new filter, cleaned the plugs again and put her back togteher!

Sine then she wont start, well she is starting, running for a few minutes and dying. Every time she does i have taken the plugs out and they are getting really badly fouled up and have come to the conclusion she is over fuelling and flooding (i think), unfortinuatly this is where i am stuck and dont know where else to go.

There is a honda dealer 10 minutes from me but its the last place i wanna take her cause they are a shower of robbing b#####ds, so im hoping someone on here can shed some light!!!

Cheers

Jonny

Attached Thumbnails Help needed!!!!-bfusckwbgk-kgrhqqokigerypgj-qtblc-bv-yhg-_12.jpg  

Last edited by jonnym61; 03-04-2010 at 10:38 AM.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You dont have injectors, your bike is carburetted(Some PRO). If its fouling from flooding then most likely your needle valves in the carbs are gummed up and not seating. When you stripped her down, did you pull the carbs and clean them? Plugs and lines arent going to be an issue(though the plugs fouling may have weakened there fire). Its all those little holes in the carb that the great fuel they make now days f's up. If your going to run some sort of cleaner through the tank, make sure its Seafoam. the other cleaners dont compare.

Old 03-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jonld
You dont have injectors, your bike is carburetted(Some PRO). If its fouling from flooding then most likely your needle valves in the carbs are gummed up and not seating. When you stripped her down, did you pull the carbs and clean them? Plugs and lines arent going to be an issue(though the plugs fouling may have weakened there fire). Its all those little holes in the carb that the great fuel they make now days f's up. If your going to run some sort of cleaner through the tank, make sure its Seafoam. the other cleaners dont compare.
Cheers for this, a guy on a uk form just told me the same thing, about the injectors, im gonna replace the word with the word ***** i think!

Any idea what would have been making her stutter in the first place?

Old 03-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the carbs are gummy and it truly flooding, thats whats causing it. Your getting excess fuel but your throttle slides arent opening anymore to allow more air for the compensation. Its flooding itself out and it dies. Hold the throttle wide open when trying to start it to blow out the excess fuel.