CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

F4 high mileage call

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 07:19 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

thirdgen has over 220k on it (f4i).. but hte engine isnt original IIRC.. he crashed and then replaced some parts with parts from a donor bike.. its still amazing tht it has that many miles and looks so great and runs so great (he does some epic rides) but its isnt truly 200K untouched unopened... not by choice of course...

I have almost 26K on mine.. runs like a champ.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

45k without any internal work needed is awesome! I baby mine and don't cheat on oil changes. I am hoping for 60k before I upgrade or need a rebuild. What has thirdgen replaced? Do you know? Or a complete rebuild?

Old 06-01-2012, 12:48 AM

2:29 is the best part

Old 06-01-2012, 01:27 AM

I can't get the link to play

Old 06-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Hondacx2
I can't get the link to play
Worked fine for me.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:43 PM

If you read through his rebuild post he really ended up using just the case and crank. The only reason being was that he lowsided and his stator cover took a hard hit against a curb...bent the crank nose where the stator gear is attached and the case cracked. IIRC he used pistons, rings, bearings and all of the other parts since everything was well within the service limits.

My 99 has about 30k and my 02 has 21k....I did however have to split the cases and replace 2nd gear and the worn shift fork. Otherwise everything else was fine.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:20 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Aweasel
If you read through his rebuild post he really ended up using just the case and crank. The only reason being was that he lowsided and his stator cover took a hard hit against a curb...bent the crank nose where the stator gear is attached and the case cracked. IIRC he used pistons, rings, bearings and all of the other parts since everything was well within the service limits.

My 99 has about 30k and my 02 has 21k....I did however have to split the cases and replace 2nd gear and the worn shift fork. Otherwise everything else was fine.
That is correct.... I didn't really "rebuild" anything like some people think, as I didn't replace any of the wear parts (rings, bearings, valves, etc). I used the crank and case and that was it, everything else is 100% original. And still it was at 177k when the wreck happened, and at that point it was still 100% original, so still pretty damn good, lol.... everything that was done was 100% due to the wreck, not because anything actually wore out

It's currently at 238,300 and change, still original pistons, rings, rods, bearings, head, valves, etc (and original clutch!)..... running like a dream, doing another trackday this weekend . Here's a little bit of an updated video with some recent stuff since turning 200k (the first part is still the same as the other vid, just added on to the end of it)

Old 06-04-2012, 11:33 AM

It's a freakin Honda !!!!! Regular oil changes and service and it will run for ever!!!! My Black Bird has 62k on the clock and outside of regular maintenance and cct it has had a stator and RR. Lots of tire though can't seem to stop wearing them out...
My F4 has just over 11k on it and is for track use only so that gets beat up pretty good. But bell she still runs great. Another 10k and she will just about be broken in.... :-D

Old 06-04-2012, 11:57 AM
Default Wow

Originally Posted by thirdgenlxi
That is correct.... I didn't really "rebuild" anything like some people think, as I didn't replace any of the wear parts (rings, bearings, valves, etc). I used the crank and case and that was it, everything else is 100% original. And still it was at 177k when the wreck happened, and at that point it was still 100% original, so still pretty damn good, lol.... everything that was done was 100% due to the wreck, not because anything actually wore out

It's currently at 238,300 and change, still original pistons, rings, rods, bearings, head, valves, etc (and original clutch!)..... running like a dream, doing another trackday this weekend . Here's a little bit of an updated video with some recent stuff since turning 200k (the first part is still the same as the other vid, just added on to the end of it)

Wow that is awesome! Thanks for posting on my thread to give me the run down. So you didn't do any serious repairs because of wear? Just the accident? That is awesome. Do you have any tips or advice to get a bike to last that long?

Last edited by gotcbr; 06-04-2012 at 01:50 PM. Reason: removed reposting of vid
Old 06-06-2012, 04:17 AM
Default 40,000 on mine, runs like new

my main transportation. 40k no major internal problems. still rolling strong. i ride from home in columbia, sc to tennesse, ga, nc smokey mountain trips on the regular. and commute every day summer/winter. average five hundred miles a week.

Quick Reply: F4 high mileage call