CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Disconnected vacuum hoses....need help

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 12:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disconnected vacuum hoses....need help

Hello all! I'm new to the forums, and riding as a whole when you get down to it. I purchased a 99 F4 a few months ago and love it. However I've recently had some issues come up with regards to rough, "shard" idling sounds, as well as erratic spikes on my tach. In an effort to figure out the problem I've gone back and rethought about every odd thing about the bike I could remember. One particular issue are three random hoses that are disconnected. I noticed these shortly after buying my bike, but given that the bike ran smooth, recently passed a two year MVI by the PO, I assumed they were breather/over flow lines.

I'll attach a few photos to show which hoses I'm referring to, but two of them come from what appears to be under neath the seat, and run strait down, with no apparent spot to be connected, and third is a smaller one near the front of the bike next the fluid resevoir. I've looked through the repair manual linked by members in previous threads, and have come to the conclusion that the two that run straight down from underneath the seat are the, "Fuel Tank Drain Tube", and then "Fuel Tank Breather Tube (49 state/Canada Type)". I live in Canada so I have to assume that both of these would apply to my bike. I also believe the smaller tube near the fluid resevoir is also a drain tube. But I'd like some input just to make sure

Also, if they are only Breather/Drain tubes, and have no place to connect, where are the two rear ones suppose to tuck away/attach to? Currently they fall of my bike every now and then and I can't seem to find a mounting location.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you in advance

Attached Thumbnails Disconnected vacuum hoses....need help-cbr1.jpg   Disconnected vacuum hoses....need help-cbr2.jpg   Disconnected vacuum hoses....need help-cbr3.jpg   Disconnected vacuum hoses....need help-cbr4.jpg   Disconnected vacuum hoses....need help-cbr6.jpg  

Old 09-08-2009, 07:39 AM

Sorry man but you're probably not going to get much help on this one as it's too hard to give any accurate information on these sort of things with the info you have. It looks to me like they are just drains. I've been through the entire vacuum system on mine and this is what I would do. If you haven't already, download a manual (I believe in the F4 forum, in one of the sticky threads) With that you can look at all the vacuum connections and routing.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:41 PM

Those hoses are all vents. The only one i am not 100% sure of would be your first picture.

But the gas tank, coolant overflow, and carbs are all have vent hoses.