CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Did someone try and cut my gas line???

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 01:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did someone try and cut my gas line???

Ok, here is the deal. I was walking out the other am and uncovered the bike. It was a pretty day out so I wanted to hit up some turns. I do the walk around of my bike, and notice a hose sticking out the bottom of it near the kick stand. I reach down to see what it is and its about a foot and a half long piece of black hose just wedged up in there. I pull it out, and smell it to try and figure out what the heck it came from. I smell gas so I go to find the main line from the tank. I find it, and trace it down the engine to the left inside edge of my body fairing (if your looking at the bike from behind). The end looks cut clean and it appeared to have some gas around it the inside molding/padding there. I pop my tank, and its still about 3/4 full of gas.

Could someone have tried to cut the line to get gas out of the bike? What would stop the gas from just pouring out? It appears to be a hollow tube with nothing to stop it in line from the tank. Does the bike need to be on to pressurize the system or something?

I tried placing the hose I found on the cut end, but I can not figure out where that hose is supposed to go... I can not find any place on the bike that fits the curves in hose that I found. I can take some pictures later tonight or tomorrow am when its light out, but does anyone have any ideas? I dont want to start the bike and gas go flying everywhere! I also can not find a picture of what I am looking at in my Haynes Manual. Kinda frustrating but I am not finding any help on this, and I am not exactly sure what to look for.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:00 PM
Default RE: Did someone try and cut my gas line???

There should be to hoses that come from the bottom of the gas tank which are overflow tubes which exit down near the bottom bike.Not sure exactly what your talking about unless I can see it but that would be my guess is to what they are.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:15 PM

Hmmmm...

Ill definitely take a look when I get home if there is any light out. If not I will shoot some pics in the am and post them up.

If it is the overflow tubes then I am assuming they should be open correct? If that is the case then I might just have to take off the farings or something this weekend to try and find where that hose came from that was wedged inside.

Silly question, but why would an overflow tube be at the base of the tank which is always full of gas???

Old 02-20-2008, 03:07 PM

its just the overflow tube nothing to worry about

Old 02-20-2008, 04:00 PM

the overflow tube apparently came loose and worked its way down to the botton of the bike where you saw it hanging out. Just fit it back on the botton of the gas tank (make sure it secure, maybe add a clip) and run it back down the bike out of your bike suspensions way.

Old 02-20-2008, 05:02 PM

Alright guys, thanks a ton!

Old 02-21-2008, 09:44 AM

It's the overflow tube.I have mine routed to the bottom of the bike like that so if you look at my bike real close you can see it. It's good that you check your bike before you ride. If i'm not misstaken the main fuel line is larger and more in the center of the bike.