Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 05:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default closed

[sm=closed.gif][sm=closed.gif][sm=closed.gif][sm=closed.gif]

more pics :

Old 11-07-2008, 04:39 PM
Default RE: Finally got my bike!!! w/pics now i have a questions...

Plug it in and see what happens! The only thing different about the cluster's that I know is F4 is analog and F4i is digital and the F4i has an actual fuel gauge and the F4 doesn't, only a low level switch. As for the temp sensor, put in an F4i temp sensor. CTS's are justvariable resistors buttheF4i's must use a different range. I have an electrical schematic if you would likea copy.

Graphics are a piece of cake, just have to take your time and don't put them on dry. Use water mixed with a little bit of dish soap in a spray bottle and wet the plastic some before you put the graphics on, that way you can move them around a bit and work out creases or bubbles. Then just squeeze out any excess water underneath with a little squeege, your hand or what ever and whala!!

What do you want to put graphics on your bike for anyway? It looks good already. I think bikes look sweet as a solid color! Black especially looks nice on F4's. By the way it looks like your bike is lowered a ******.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:28 PM

Ok seems like i may get some f4i gauges then to make the changes complete. Found the gauges on ebay for $70.So decals are like putting on window tint....then im set my uncle does window tint, he may be able to help.

You have a good eye it is lowered 1.5" from the previous owner, im short too so i left it lowered for the time being. Dont like tip-toe-ing it.

Want the graphics to atleast represent what kind of bike it is, might not do the whole f4 or f4i package but i do want honda wings and the 600 on tail section.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:13 PM

Yeah a few graphics would look good. Maybe the "Honda" lettering around the bottom and the tank wing. Dark wind screen would look sweet too.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is that thing lowered???

Old 11-08-2008, 12:28 PM

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

is that thing lowered???
ORIGINAL: MartiniRossy
By the way it looks like your bike is lowered a ******.
ORIGINAL: bigboi18184
You have a good eye it is lowered 1.5" from the previous owner

Old 11-08-2008, 02:05 PM

ORIGINAL: BGm6er88

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

is that thing lowered???
ORIGINAL: MartiniRossy
By the way it looks like your bike is lowered a ******.
ORIGINAL: bigboi18184
You have a good eye it is lowered 1.5" from the previous owner
LOL, I knew it was lowered when I saw that pic of the rear...i just dont think i could lower my bike, I think it would effect the handling

Old 11-08-2008, 02:13 PM

f4i gauges won't plug and play, the harnesses are different. you have to cut the connector off the bike harness as well as the 2 that come with the f4i gauge and splice the wires that correspond to each function, some f4 wires aren't use and some of the f4i wires aren't used like "FI" light for example.

I'll post up the harness guide I made to use back when I did it, I"m not at home so I can't right now but it helps out a lot....I put the f4i gauges on about a month ago. Works like a charm. The only thing is you'll have to either really trust your cooling system or change the temperature sensor to that of the same one used on an f4i, it'll need to be retapped and all that to get it to fit so it's not a in and out job.

Old 11-08-2008, 04:11 PM

ya, i knew about it having to splice and resolder/butt connect the wires, shouldnt be too bad

Couple morequestions too ... what is the piece called at the end of the bars where the bar ends are supposed to thread in? That peice is missing off of the throttle side, planning on buying a new throttle sleeve but dont know what the threaded peice is called, cant even thread my bar end on the throttle side yet because of the missing threads. Its just an empty hole right now. - The lights on the front are f4i does anyone know if both the high beam and low beam should work or is their a wire i may be missing, cause only the low beam are working atm.

Also do i have to detach the throttle cable completely to oil it?I can pull back on the throttle and it slowly...very slowly will rotate back forward, reving the engine up pretty good in the process. I can manual twist it back forward but i dont think this is supposed to stick like this.

Took my bike out to my stepdads today and road up and down his driveway, this bike has a good bit of power (first sportbike). Needs a good bit of TLC before its prime but i have nothing else to do. Needs new paint for sure and all new fairing bolts since he mismatched them ALL transforming into F4i.

The old fairings are pretty rashed up with a couple cracks, but i plan on using them for painting practice.

Old 11-09-2008, 09:12 PM

hey weasel im about to swap gauges, can you pm me that guide?