CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Check My New Petrol Cap Out - Mirror Finish/New Calipers/Hoses

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 06:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Check My New Petrol Cap Out - Mirror Finish/New Calipers/Hoses

What you guys think of this? Guy on Internet had the main exterior polished to a mirror finish, but zero barrell etc, so I used some links on here to see how you replace it, and job done... so last job is to now put new calipers and brake hoses on...

Old 04-01-2014, 10:23 AM

Looks fresh, the original one looks really old laying next to it

Old 04-01-2014, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by WiredF4
Looks fresh, the original one looks really old laying next to it
Cheers man, yeah it does, I always thought the old one looked ok, but seeing it in the flesh, looks a mess lol :-)

So, got to get new calipers on and HEL cables, can't wait, this is the finishing touch.. also got a larger mount for my Nexus 7 for the copilot sat nav... just need it to make me a brew and it'll be perfect!

Old 04-02-2014, 03:01 AM

hey mate

how much did you pay for hoses and calipers and why did you change them? i have a few issues with my front brake and may need to change mine.

thanks

mark

Old 04-02-2014, 09:06 AM
Cool

Originally Posted by markybwoi
hey mate

how much did you pay for hoses and calipers and why did you change them? i have a few issues with my front brake and may need to change mine.

thanks

mark
Hi matey, basically there's nothing wrong with my current calipers and hoses, they're in perfect condition. However, I wanted some nice sprayed calipers front and rear...so, what I've done is, gone full strip down and colouring from a place called Powerhouse... all rebuilt seals etc... front and rear, resprayed and delivered... and it's costing around £230 notes.. for the HEL brake lines, I wanted braided steal with transparent covers on them and they cost around £70 for fronts and rears with new clips etc etc. Will be fitting them 10am Friday morning, so will post the pictures when I get it back. Normally I'd fit them but not got the time at moment...

What's tyour issue with yours? Normally, I'd say you could have mine as they're perfect condition but I have to send these to the provider of my new ones so they can recondition them and sell them on etc... otherwise it'll be around £310 quid if I don't send them in. if you need link on ebay to the company, let me know.

Old 04-03-2014, 03:14 AM

Im not sure whats wrong with mine i have changed the pads/fluid and master cylinder piston and seals and still have a sponge/lack of lever on the front

although the wheel locks under full pressurejust doesnt feel right, i have checked the discs for wear and warps the discs re just over 4mm so are fine and no obvious warps or damage

so im thinking it could be hoses, the bike still has the oringal hose and has covered 50k so they have seen some miles.

could you send me the link to the hoses i think thats my next point of call.

Old 04-04-2014, 05:50 PM

Mmmm, sounds like it could be hoses just giving up the ghost mate...

These ones on mine below that I've fitted today with new calipers are HEL.

Go here and it depends whether you want factory over the bumper ones or race ones where both lines go to individual calipers separately.

Check them out matey!

Old 04-26-2014, 05:30 PM

Am I being stupid or does it look like your rear pads are both on one side of the disc? I'm sure they're not but it kinda looks like it!!!

Old 04-26-2014, 05:34 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by Fryup2000
Am I being stupid or does it look like your rear pads are both on one side of the disc? I'm sure they're not but it kinda looks like it!!!
Hahaha,god yeah it does in that last picture, looks well odd... odd enough for me to go back outside and check even though I know they're fine... and yeah, they're fine. Odd picture that!