Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Nice guys finish last.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nice guys finish last.

I'm angry, so I'm ranting:

I've decided I need to own a white '07 600rr. I've been staring at pictures of the thing every day for months, and am absolutly in love with it. I keep checking classifieds, etc, waiting for someone to let one go for around 5k. Last night I found one that's going to be listed at a private repo auction, and it looks GREAT. I have a frieind who can get into these (dealer only) auctions, and he says there are VERY few people who show up to bid on bikes, so the prices stay low. This one is starting VERY low, because they think it was dropped and damaged. Upon looking at the pictures, I discovered that the "damage" is just that the PO did a crappy job at repainting the turn signals and side fairings white (normally black), and it's just flaking off. The auction house, not knowing specifics about bikes, thinks they're SUPPOSED to be white, and that it is damage.

Unfortunately, I didn't think I'd find a bike this fall, so I loaned the money to a friend in desparate need of paying off some credit cards, and now I can't get my cheap-as-hell dream bike.

:icon _no:

Old 09-25-2009, 10:33 AM

Next time loan me $5,000. LOL....

Old 09-25-2009, 10:36 AM

hey man.. that's a really nice thing you did. karma will return the favor.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:39 AM
Ladies Lounge Moderator

Originally Posted by ridinthabay408
hey man.. that's a really nice thing you did. karma will return the favor.
LOL. Or, in my world, no good deed goes unpunished.

I'm sorry johnny

Old 09-25-2009, 10:52 AM

Or you could think of it as Karma Ahaha, things will fall into place over time. Winters just around the corner anyway

Old 09-25-2009, 11:23 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I am sorry to hear about the bike ...yes, it's a disappointment but it obviously wasn't meant to be this time ... try not to sweat it, another nice bike will come up eventually and when you have the money ready too ... you never know it may be even better than the one you missed.........

it was a nice thing you did for your friend, be happy :-)

Good luck :-)

Jules

Old 09-25-2009, 01:05 PM

Actually, the situation blows. Don't bet on Karma, it will just let you bleed out. Get agressive and make a plan and take some action.

Do NOT go gentle into that good night.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You seen the 2010 white model?

Old 09-25-2009, 01:25 PM

oh thats a tough one bro, if it make you feel any better my wife made the mistake of going to work and leaving a cold 18 pack here,,sooooooooo i think i just maxed out her card on a bunch of REALLY cool afremarket stuff,,so come on over, we'll get loopy and when she figures out what i did we'll take off to ur place,,wiw win right????

Old 09-25-2009, 02:03 PM

There will be other chances, that's for sure. Helping your friend is another thing, much much greater than any of these toys. Well... maybe not )))
We can elaborate on this topic for eternity, but you have done what YOU thought was right.
I'm sure you will have your chance! And yes, white 07 RR looks sick, +1 on that.

P.S. Can't you get a quick bank loan with a low %? Pay it off with the money your friend owed you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nice guys finish last.