600RR or Finish my car...

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 06:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 600RR or Finish my car...

Well, I have $5,000 in cash and i'm debating between buying a turbo kit, injectors, return fuel kit, etc for my SRT-4 and making 500whp daily driven OR putting that $5,000 down towards a straight black 2005 or 2006 600RR...

What would you guys do. BTW, I live in Chicago...

Old 06-23-2005, 06:30 PM
Default RE: 600RR or Finish my car...

Hey man & welcome to the boards. I can tell you from personal experience here. Put the money into the bike. The bike will be faster then your car can and will ever be. Not to mention the bike is much more enjoyable & fun. The bike will out handle and out perform the car on every level. Not to mention get better gas mileage.

You can take it from me on this one. I've been building and racing Neon's since 95. I have built some of the fastest and best handeling Neons in FL. I have also helped build several SRT's since they came out. I helped build one of the fastest SRT's in Jax, and possibably FL. He has the AGP stage 5, big frontmount, Crane Cams, Greddy emanage, ect..... Trust me though, he has put much more then $5000 into the car. At 500 whp the SRT isn't a reliable daily driver any more. With that kind of hp, you need the Driveshaft axles which are $1000 alone. Not to mention all the money spent on tuning the car. Go for the bike. I did. I have a fully built 99 R/T that only gets driven when it rains if I can help it.

Old 06-23-2005, 07:37 PM

ORIGINAL: BigTurboSRT4

Well, I have $5,000 in cash and i'm debating between buying a turbo kit, injectors, return fuel kit, etc for my SRT-4 and making 500whp daily driven OR putting that $5,000 down towards a straight black 2005 or 2006 600RR...

What would you guys do. BTW, I live in Chicago...

Anything you want man.... You got a quick car, and you could have a OFF THE HOOK BIKE.

I mean, if anything. Get a bike, you loose in the SRT, just say "sad thing is that my HONDA could WALK on you" trust me theyll bite it. Got a few ppl ****tin bricks with a 100-500$ bet against my honda till they realized its a bike, then I had to be a good friend and not actually race to make it fair lol...

Either decisions a good choice. If you dont have a bike yet, Id get a bike. Then you have the best of both worlds OFF THE HOOK FAST, and chillin fast.

Old 06-23-2005, 08:10 PM
c45

go with the bike. i had to make the same choice. i have a corvette that i could have put money into but instead got the bike and don't regret it a bit. i'm 22 and have a 84 vette and a sweet *** bike. just my opinion. good luck

Old 06-23-2005, 08:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to agree. Buy the CBR.

I drive an 05 Focus ST only because it was the "funnest" fuel effieciant new car I could buy for the money. Cosworth has some cool engine mods Ithat my wife and I would love to add that would boost the 150 HP up to 250 for a little over $3000 and it would still be very streetable. At this pount after getting back into riding I would rather spend that money on my next bike next year after I give my 05 CBR600RR to my wife.

Old 06-23-2005, 10:03 PM

ORIGINAL: NeonspeedRT

Hey man & welcome to the boards. I can tell you from personal experience here. Put the money into the bike. The bike will be faster then your car can and will ever be. Not to mention the bike is much more enjoyable & fun. The bike will out handle and out perform the car on every level. Not to mention get better gas mileage.

You can take it from me on this one. I've been building and racing Neon's since 95. I have built some of the fastest and best handeling Neons in FL. I have also helped build several SRT's since they came out. I helped build one of the fastest SRT's in Jax, and possibably FL. He has the AGP stage 5, big frontmount, Crane Cams, Greddy emanage, ect..... Trust me though, he has put much more then $5000 into the car. At 500 whp the SRT isn't a reliable daily driver any more. With that kind of hp, you need the Driveshaft axles which are $1000 alone. Not to mention all the money spent on tuning the car. Go for the bike. I did. I have a fully built 99 R/T that only gets driven when it rains if I can help it.
AWESOME!!! Yea, that must be the GT40 turbo w/ T350 wheel (aka stg. 5) . I can get A LOT of stuff from Xtreme Boost for really cheap. I'm taking your guys advice and going with the bike now. Thanks EVERYONE that responded for the great and awesome responses. BTW< my car now is on stock turbo making 300whp and 340 wtq dyno tested.

Now, I have to ask...instead of making a new thread I'll ask here...whats the difference between the 05 R6 and the 05 600RR...performance, looks, handeling, etc...i know this is a CBR forum :lol: so have at it!

Old 06-23-2005, 10:05 PM

ORIGINAL: 05Tribal

I have to agree. Buy the CBR.

I drive an 05 Focus ST only because it was the "funnest" fuel effieciant new car I could buy for the money. Cosworth has some cool engine mods Ithat my wife and I would love to add that would boost the 150 HP up to 250 for a little over $3000 and it would still be very streetable. At this pount after getting back into riding I would rather spend that money on my next bike next year after I give my 05 CBR600RR to my wife.
Funny you say that...my friend has a 2005 ford focus SES 5-speed manual with some mods. Eibach pro-ki, Cosworth headers 4-1 headers, 65mm throttle body, cosworth cat-back, cosworth race pipe, modded stock intake, etc... GOOD LUCK on the car and thanx for the help in making a good choice!

Kenny

Old 06-24-2005, 11:14 AM

I can get A LOT of stuff from Xtreme Boost for really cheap. I'm taking your guys advice and going with the bike now. Thanks EVERYONE that responded for the great and awesome responses. BTW< my car now is on stock turbo making 300whp and 340 wtq dyno tested.
I know Frank down at Xtreme really well. He is a great guy. If I ever decide to turbo my 1st gen, then i'm going to have him do most of the work. He was one of the major sponsors for our FL statewide neon meet for www.floridaneons.org . I'm on SRT forums under this same name as well.

300whp & 340wtq is very good numbers on the SRT, esp with the stock turbo. I'd leave it there and just do a few small mods as time & money permits. Trust me once you have a bike, if the weather is good, thats where you want to be.

I'm pushing out 170whp and 149wtq on my Neon R/T. Thats all motor. So far i've ran a best of 14.2 @ 98mph in the 1/4. That was with full interior, ac & p/s still hooked up. If I did some slight weight reduction (of the car and driver) I know I could be into the 13's. I'm just not really into it anymore. Maybe in time I might. I'm actually thinking of changing my suspension setup and getting back into autocrossing. I competed in autox for a few years, so I might get back into it.

Old 06-24-2005, 11:20 AM

Now, I have to ask...instead of making a new thread I'll ask here...whats the difference between the 05 R6 and the 05 600RR...performance, looks, handeling, etc...i know this is a CBR forum :lol: so have at it!
Ok, let me say this first and foremost. Do you have any riding experience? You didn't mention anything about that. If you have never ridden before, then you don't need to be looking at either of those bikes. If this is your first bike, look into an older CBR600F2 or F3. You will end up dropping your bike a few times. You don't want to do that with a new bike. Plus the RR and R6 are for most purposes, race built bikes.

If you haven't done so, take a local MSF class. That will teach you all the basics and skills you need to get you started in this lifestyle. Don't forget about gear. Set aside $500 to $1000 to cover all the gear you need.

If you have ridden before and have some experience, then the best thing I can tell you is go sit on both the bikes and see how they fit you. Performance and handeling is very close between the two. For reliabality, i'd go with the Honda over the Yamaha however.

Welcome to the addiction [8D]

Old 06-27-2005, 02:17 AM

get the bike dump the neon....

Quick Reply: 600RR or Finish my car...