CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Carbon or Chrome?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 08:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Carbon or Chrome?

ROFLMAO!

I don't even pack a purse when I ride, where I am I going to pack something else?

Old 07-22-2006, 03:56 PM

Not to be a male shovenist pig but women always seem to find ways to hide things... And no, putting it there would not be effective! LOL Valley. The only Valley girls I know are the real ones, that are in Arizona. Are you a blonde Abercrombie/Foxy/Hollister kind of valley girl? Do you know wadadamean? OH MY GOD NO WAY!!! LIKE MY MOM IS BEING SUCH A FLING BELATCH! SHE WON'T PAY FOR MY GAS IN MY EXPEDITION!!!! OMG I HATE MY PARENTS! I'M GETTING INTO THE **** INDUSTRY. (That was my attempt at stereotyping a valleygirl.) Does it sound about right? <3

Old 07-23-2006, 04:47 PM
Retired Admin, January 2008 ROTM, Lord of Neon & L.E.D.s

I like the look of chrome, BUT, keeping carbon clean is waaaaaaaaay easier.
I vote for carbon!
LJ

Old 07-23-2006, 06:06 PM

Tis true, chrome polish everyday will have to be made into affect in your daily pre-riding retual.

Old 07-23-2006, 11:39 PM

vote carbon

Old 07-25-2006, 03:37 PM

Okay boys, just to clear things up, I live in suburbia but work in the valley and no, I am not the typical valley girl Although I am most definately Blonde. I live alone and am probably older than you think I am but still lookin good and gettin ID'd for everything.

On a different note:

As for the carbon and chrome thing, Spent the weekend at the MotoGP and saw some incredible mods. I am going with carbon vent covers, mirrors, triple tree and hugger. I just bought hotbodies flushmounts and I am dioing the fender eliminator on my own...whoo hoo, power tools! I will post pics as I go.

Old 07-25-2006, 03:43 PM

I like to see people do their own mods, it gets you familiar (and intimate, ooo lala) with your bike. You appreciate it more afterwards.

Have fun with it!

Old 07-30-2006, 02:01 AM

i agree with flip. i just watched the world's fastest indian and the guy said something to the effect that anyone can buy a fast bike but not too many people make a slow bike go faster than the fast bikes. (haha, terrible reiteration.) doin your own mods teaches you how the bike works and makes it more like an extension of your personality. whatever that means.

Old 08-20-2006, 09:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a '99 F4, and have put on the carbon tripple cover, mirrors, hugger w/chainguard and front fender on so far (all real carbon, not look a like), and I want to do the ram air covers as well as the engine cases. I am changing the front fender to better quality carbon (OPPRACING.COM) and I am also doing the 600rr swinger conversion and have already got the new carbon fender and 2 piece carbon chain guard for it from OPP. Thier carbon products are awsome. I ordered quite a bit from them so far, and my new shipment (front fender, rear spools for the new swinger and Illumiglo reverse style guages come in tomorow). The quality of OPP's carbon is awsome in comparison to the crap I have on it right now (warped and twisted EBAY Specials), I'm dyin' to put on that new front fender. I love the look of carbon not just the weight savings, it adds texture, but little accents of chrome are nice too. I found these little CBR chrome lettering on ebay. I don't have the flush mount turn lights yet, I've ordered the hot bodies flush mounts, I can't wait for them either. I'm changing the windshield as well, I ordered a DB Piteck, just waiting for it too.

I read somewhere in these forums that mods are addictive... How true, how true

Al.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4595/E87B8078E239427B93BA84ADE62C728B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-21-2006, 02:51 PM

Hey Al, Post more pictures! I am thinking about the hugger and air covers too.

Quick Reply: Carbon or Chrome?